1.    #1  
    I'm surprised to see more posts talking about WiFi. Buried in a few of the threads is this comment from treocentral's report on the 650:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/472-1.htm

"Regarding WiFi: There is no out of the box WiFi card at launch says Greg Shirai. PalmOne has no plan to support a WiFi card on the Treo 650. Shirai noted that it is a lot more complicated than updating the Zire 72's driver software, as the radios interfere with each other."

So it looks like it may never be available on the 650...
    In another thread - maybe a different message board - that thought was fairly thoroughly poo-pooed. There was another post somewhere that noted marketing words like "If customers ask for it we will continue to evaluate it for the future" suggesting the lack of WiFi is entirely marketing based and any WiFi that MIGHT come won't come for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by work2fish
    I'm surprised to see more posts talking about WiFi. Buried in a few of the threads is this comment from treocentral's report on the 650:

"Regarding WiFi: There is no out of the box WiFi card at launch says Greg Shirai. PalmOne has no plan to support a WiFi card on the Treo 650. Shirai noted that it is a lot more complicated than updating the Zire 72's driver software, as the radios interfere with each other."

Sorry, but THAT IS CRAP! HP's selling a PPC with GSM/Bluetooth/WiFi and the phone SEEMLESSLY switches between the three. Check out the T-Mobile site. I'm not saying it's great (too big, etc.) BUT IT CAN BE DONE. I'm just getting really tired of PalmEXCUSESOne.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    if you have talked with anyone with that phone you would know seamless is not as smooth as it sounds...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I don't mind the bigger phone as long as the screen is bigger, which it is. the IPAQ looks intereting
    I thought they meant it interfers with the wireless radio. In this case it would make sense, because it's supposed to be a PHONE first. If anything interfered with making calls then the 1st person that you would blame would be the carrier.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by kouma
    I don't mind the bigger phone as long as the screen is bigger, which it is. the IPAQ looks intereting
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
    Seems like you could just turn the phone radio off when you want to use wi-fi. Maybe they're concerned with the load of support calls for this. Or couldn't the software toggle the two so wi-fi and cell radio's couldn't be activated at the same time? I think there's more to it than we know about.

I love my 600, but I work in an area 8 hours a day where I can't use the phone b/c there's no signal out here. It would sure be nice to have some sort of wi-fi->voip solution to handle this and I know (by reading these threads) that there are many others out there who want the same thing. My only hope now is that the 650 with bluetooth will have such a solution... unless it's "crippled" for sprint, which some people are suggesting.
    The cellular companies will LOOSE MONEY if you can VOIP. Why would you make a 30cent call when you can do it for free on WiFi?

This is a phone, to be sold by cell companies, to regular cell subscribers, not to us geeks...

Rule #1, make the cell company happy and sell 10,000 units, make the geeks happy sell 1000 units.

No WiFi due to VOIP!

Best bet, stand alone Bluetooth to WiFi hotspot repeater... Only us geeks will buy one of those!
    No WiFi due to conflicts with the Treo radio...that is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by work2fish

Is it that WiFi interferes with the cell radio or that it interferes with the Bluetooth 1.1 radio?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    Is it that WiFi interferes with the cell radio or that it interferes with the Bluetooth 1.1 radio?
    It interferes with Sprint's profit model, and that's all there is to it.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Ocean, you start getting those sales commission checks from Ipaq yet?
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    [QUOTE=stokar]The cellular companies will LOOSE MONEY QUOTE]
    You haven't read my signature have you.
    How loose is your money? and by loose do you mean it's not tight? Or do you mean to infer that is is "easy" as in a "loose" woman?
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    I remember when WIFI was marketed with the TREO 600!

I think I am done with PalmOne...