1.    #1  
    Now that the Treo 650 is available (with no wifi, sh*t !) , I just wonder if it is possible to listen mp3 audio with bluetooth headset.
    Does the audio bt profile allow this ?
  2.    #2  
    any idea on this ?
    nah
    it won't be stereo
    also the bitrate will be too low
    tried it using bt headset and powerbook
    its crappy
    But does it work? even if it is in mono?
    ?
    No it does not work.
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=18358

Treo 650's Bluetooth implementation does not support these Bluetooth profiles:

HID (Human Interface Device: connect to Bluetooth keyboard and other input devices)
    FTP (File Transfer Profile: appears as external hard drive on a Windows or Mac computer)
    A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution: playing music wirelessly. This is Bluetooth 1.2, and the Treo 650 smartphone is Bluetooth 1.1)
    All other Bluetooth profiles not specifically listed above
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Now that the Treo 650 is available (with no wifi, sh*t !) , I just wonder if it is possible to listen mp3 audio with bluetooth headset.
    Does the audio bt profile allow this ?
    check out Freedom that will let you listen to mp3 and audio sound using any headset or ear piece and even the Treo supplied ear piece. goto www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Thanks for the word...not happy...but at least I know for now...
    I am considering the Bluetake i-Phono BT420EX. While it does require a dongle, which is included with the BT420EX, appears to make listening to MP3s via this Bluetooth headset a reality. It appears to be selling for $185-$250.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyazz
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=18358

Treo 650's Bluetooth implementation does not support these Bluetooth profiles:

HID (Human Interface Device: connect to Bluetooth keyboard and other input devices)
    FTP (File Transfer Profile: appears as external hard drive on a Windows or Mac computer)
    A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution: playing music wirelessly. This is Bluetooth 1.2, and the Treo 650 smartphone is Bluetooth 1.1)
    All other Bluetooth profiles not specifically listed above
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, this means that unless there is an upgrade to BT 1.2, there will never be support for the A2DP profile and thus stereo BT headphone support...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    bummer... I would love this feature to be available through the Audible application.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    check out Freedom that will let you listen to mp3 and audio sound using any headset or ear piece and even the Treo supplied ear piece. goto www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html
    I wish getting Palm Audio (like Audible.com books) thru a bluetooth headset were as simple as using this utility... unfortunately, the features list on their site says:
    Freedom does not work the Bluetooth on the Treo650 but it DOES with the headset.
    So, it looks like even that approach will not work.
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)