1.    #1  
    The new Treo 650 includes Blazer version 4.

The version on my Treo 600 is version 3.

I wonder if Treo 600 owners will get a free upgrade to the new version...?

(EDIT: I meant the new 650)
    Last edited by Virt; 10/25/2004 at 06:55 PM.
    The new 600 ? Ya mean 650 ?
    I'm sure Virt does mean the Treo 650, which does include Blazer 4. It would be nice if Treo 600 users got the upgraded browser.
    It would be nice, the 650 was "released" today so I donno how we would find out or not.
    Has PalmOne ever given a new version of Blazer to owners of previous devices? No they haven't. So c'mon now. Stop being silly.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    i'd pay for an upgrade..blazer is killing me but its the only thing that renders the way i want
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Has PalmOne ever given a new version of Blazer to owners of previous devices? No they haven't. So c'mon now. Stop being silly.
    no, but hansdpring did. but, that was early in the game.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I attended the NYC treo roadshow. The question was asked about the new 650 software in general (not specifically blazer) if it would be made available to 600 users. The answer was - they are working on it.
    So wouldn't we be able to take transfer blazer 4.0 with Filez? Or even a program like backupman where we could backup all data from a 650 and restore individual files (Blazer 4.0) to the 600?
    Blazer 3 is in the ROM so unless PalmOne is going to give us a new firmware upgrade, blazer 4 is useless.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    i did not get the office 2003 upgrade for free from MS for my office 97. Did anyone get it??
  12.    #12  
    Superfire: Yeah, we all got ours. Didn't you get yours?

Now, think carefully... Do you discern any difference between the idea of PalmOne updating the free software they gave away to their existing hardware customers, to the idea of Microsoft giving away for free new versions of the software that people previously bought from them...?
    Yes...No...Wait...Is this a trick question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Virt
    Superfire: Yeah, we all got ours. Didn't you get yours?

Now, think carefully... Do you discern any difference between the idea of PalmOne updating the free software they gave away to their existing hardware customers, to the idea of Microsoft giving away for free new versions of the software that people previously bought from them...?
    You can download the latest version of Internet Explorer for free from Microsoft anytime you like. Why shouldn't you be able to do the same for Blazer?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad