1.    #1  
    From TC, "It is also surprising that such a high end phone still has no built in voice memo application, or any form of voice control. "

Does that mean you can't control the speaker volume when you are on a phone call? That can't be right, can it?
    you can
    as with the treo 600
    i think you're better off with t600 first
    So that means no voice dialling? So even with the bluetooth support, it's still not going to be usable whilst driving in the UK where it is illegal to touch your phone to initiate a call...
    Quote Originally Posted by scrosland
    So that means no voice dialling? So even with the bluetooth support, it's still not going to be usable whilst driving in the UK where it is illegal to touch your phone to initiate a call...
    Really? Wow! Did they make it illegal to touch your radio too?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Really? Wow! Did they make it illegal to touch your radio too?
    No - dumb isn't it? We are not allowed to touch the phone whilst driving the vehicle. This includes even if the vehicle is stationary (e.g. at traffic lights). So the only legal way to make or receive a call is using a handsfree device (wired or wireless or full car kit), and in order to make a call you really have to have voice dialling.

Bottom line - without voice dialling I won't be buying a Treo 650.
    Wouldn't VoiceLauncher do this?

http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000184.php
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjd
    Wouldn't VoiceLauncher do this?

http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000184.php
    Yes - that looks really promising. Let's hope there is a full release soon with 650 compatibility.

Simon
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Will said application also let you take voice memos? If not, is there another application you can use for voice memos? Don't see any mention of price in that article...
    Voice-Dialing is possible with a bluetooth headset. In the Preferences Menu you can setup so called Voice Tags with your headset that let you activate entries in your speed dial menu, again (probably only) with your bluetooth headset.

Also, there is an 'Auto Answer' setting which can be set to 'imediately', 'after 1 ring', 'after 2 rings' or be 'disabled'. So if you've got a bluetooth handsfree set (headset or car kit) you should be all set with the treo 650...

andreas
    making this estimate from what he saw on the treo 650 simulator
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    So the Treo 650 has voice dialing built in but they decided to only activate it for bluetooth headsets? Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantry
    Will said application also let you take voice memos? If not, is there another application you can use for voice memos? Don't see any mention of price in that article...
    There are a few out there:
    Personal Audio Recorder
    SoundRec
    Audacity
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by treopolis
    Voice-Dialing is possible with a bluetooth headset. In the Preferences Menu you can setup so called Voice Tags with your headset that let you activate entries in your speed dial menu, again (probably only) with your bluetooth headset.

Also, there is an 'Auto Answer' setting which can be set to 'imediately', 'after 1 ring', 'after 2 rings' or be 'disabled'. So if you've got a bluetooth handsfree set (headset or car kit) you should be all set with the treo 650...

andreas
    making this estimate from what he saw on the treo 650 simulator
    Cool - if this is in the real product, then it's back on the "I want one" list...

Simon
    There is some interesting information on the voice-dialling s/w in the TreoCentral front story "Direct from palmOne" under "Q: Where does the Treo 650 stand on Voice-control software?". Basically, there is bundled voice-dialling software, but it's third party and you'll have to pay for it beyond a 30 day trial period.
    Yes, I'm very interested in the Voice Signal softare that is mentioned. On my Samsung I can record Voice Memo's which I do often. Can this be done with the Voice Signal software assuming we purchase it after the free trial? I really would like to have this feature. It sounds like I will not have a lot of room to add a bunch of 3rd party programs with the memory specs.