1.    #1  
    What do people know about the limited Bluetooth on the Sprint 650? What and how will it limit us. And WHY has something like this been put into place?
    so you guys can't tether using the unlimited sprint vision?
  3.    #3  
    and by that you mean....
    I hear it's gonna be crippled (Ie they've disabled modem functions).. Not confirmed by sprint yet though.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  5.    #5  
    if that's ALL, then it's not THAT bad.
    Sprint does not want people to be able to (easily at least) use the 650 as a modem for your laptop under their unlimited data plan.

Like if you had a deal with your water company to pay $15/month for unlimited water usage for a normal home. They might frown on you opening up a commercial carwash.

Its in the unlimited plan fineprint with sprint that you are not allowed to do this but its not easy to catch unless you start really hitting big data transfer rates. Hence the bluetooth restrictions. According to reports in the forums, Sprint will have a modem hookup solution with the 650, but you will have to pay extra to use it that way.
  7.    #7  
    but can one just use PdaNet?
    Unproven on the 650 but JuneFabrics will probably update.....the key is that Sprint wants you to pay someone for something that they don't want you to be able to do.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Yes there are ways to use the 600 as a modem, Sprint just does not intend to make it easy. AND if they catch you, usually based on an extremely high usage rate, they will take away your unlimited vision plan and start charging you by the byte.
    has it been confirmed that t650 gsm is usable as a bluetooth modem?
    So if Sprint cripples the bluetooth modem functionality as has been rumored, does that also take down the ability to use things like bluetooth GPS units (same bluetooth profile?)? If so, full Bluetooth capability along with EDGE compatibility may be enough to get me to switch over to GSM. Anyone besides AT&T offer EDGE service in the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781
    So if Sprint cripples the bluetooth modem functionality as has been rumored, does that also take down the ability to use things like bluetooth GPS units (same bluetooth profile?)? If so, full Bluetooth capability along with EDGE compatibility may be enough to get me to switch over to GSM. Anyone besides AT&T offer EDGE service in the US?
    Maybe, maybe not -- bluetooth GPS uses the outbound modem profile, while dialup from a laptop uses the inbound modem profile. From what I recall about bluetooth, the inbound and outbound profiles are independant of each other.