Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does Palm One see what's going on in the world around them?

Windows Mobile phones have 1+ mp cameras, over 100 megs of internal memory, larger screens, built-in voice recorders, full media players, etc.

To combat this, what does Palm do? They add a little mirror near their camera and some other relatively minor improvements. It's not enough.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Listen...I would love to have the megapixel camera as well, but that is what I have a Canon PowerShot S400 for! I am more peaved about the supposedly crippled BlueTooth implementation for Sprint, as well as the apparent lack of support for WiFi.
    Form Factor.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    It's hard to have a nice form factor like the Samsung i500/i550, and still have the QWERTY keyboard. I choose the latter over the former myself...
    Come on guys. After all, they only had a year to complete this. I am sure that they will have either WiFi or 1.3mp camera by next november!
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo

Windows Mobile phones have 1+ mp cameras, over 100 megs of internal memory, larger screens, built-in voice recorders, full media players, etc.

To combat this, what does Palm do? They add a little mirror near their camera and some other relatively minor improvements. It's not enough.
    .3 mpixel camera? this .. is.. quite embarrassing.
    1. couldnt deliver wifi

2. couldnt deliver 64mb ram

3. couldnt deliver the promised 1.3 mpixel camera

4. AND they slap you with a different connector, so you have to replace ALL of your accessories.

im really in disbelief. the form factor looks wonderful, but i gotta tell you, they are REALLY missing the boat here on specs.

its amazing.. you know we are in a world where samsung is producing a 5 megapixel cameraphone. FIVE!

here comes the champ palmone with the new treo 650, with (giggle) 0.3 megapixel cam. wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    Come on guys. After all, they only had a year to complete this. I am sure that they will have either WiFi or 1.3mp camera by next november!
    im sure the acquisition of handspring took its toll. and i know where you are coming from druce. i am a palmone fan as well.

but seriously now, it really hurts when VITAL details are left out of newly released products in an environment where every spec could make or break the market`s decision to choose one device over another.

it just doesnt help. i want them to be successful as much as you do, but i find i have a sinking feeling. hopefully you are right, and next year they will have a revolutionary device release.

but that is when i will upgrade - NEXT YEAR!
    I could care less what megapixel count the new Treo or any other phone has, and I'm sure there are plenty of people like e. Lots of companies frown upon the use of cameras at all, and seeing as the Treo is targeted at business users, it doesn't seem so bad. If I need megapixels, I'll grab my Nikon D70, or Olympus or Canon....

Some memory would be nice though...

It sounds like you want a camera phone more than a smartphone....in that case, Treo 650 is probably not the right phone for you.
  10.    #10  
    I don't want to focus on the camera.

What's I'm trying to say is that this is not enough. Every week, someone else will post a note about a new "Treo Killer" on this board. At first, we all wrote those phones off because they were poor competition for the Treo 600.

Lately though, the "Treo Killers" are looking powerful. The world is moving forward and I want to ride the horse that's going somewhere. With the 650, Treo is saying they're going nowhere.

Bluetooth should have been standard by now. Period. Hard to be excited about an addition that's playing catch up.

Wi-Fi should be a no brainer.

If Palm wants to be competitive, it has to be past these additions by now and on to more meaningful questions, like:

How do we compete with MS's PlaysForSure?

How do we make this phone smaller?

Do you guys see what I mean?
    i say if you don't care about form factor (size of your phone) then take your current phone and tape a 5MP Exillim camera to the back.. you 'll be satisfied with the quality of picture out-come... and your phone will be a "any-phone-killer"...

or even better, tape your laptop to the back of your phone (or viseversa...)

and forget about making the phone smaller... i want the screen BIGGER... make a dual 320x320 flip treo...
    I don't want to focus on the camera.

What's I'm trying to say is that this is not enough. Every week, someone else will post a note about a new "Treo Killer" on this board. At first, we all wrote those phones off because they were poor competition for the Treo 600.

Lately though, the "Treo Killers" are looking powerful. The world is moving forward and I want to ride the horse that's going somewhere. With the 650, Treo is saying they're going nowhere.

Bluetooth should have been standard by now. Period. Hard to be excited about an addition that's playing catch up.

Wi-Fi should be a no brainer.

If Palm wants to be competitive, it has to be past these additions by now and on to more meaningful questions, like:

How do we compete with MS's PlaysForSure?

How do we make this phone smaller?

Do you guys see what I mean?

i couldnt have said it any better. i cannot for the life of me understand why palmone cant get this. its not rocket science.
  13.    #13  
    Form factor *is* important. Treo has the lead for now, but how does it compare to something like this, for example,

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Mo..._Announces_MPx
    hehe i thought about getting that phone... maybe i will..
    Form factor *is* important. Treo has the lead for now, but how does it compare to something like this, for example,

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Mo..._Announces_MPx

the only obstacle left for ppcs is form factor. thats the LAST FRONTIER.
    once ms / motorola phones achieve form factor, palmone will be brushed aside.

because then, not only will you have pocketability, but you will have the feeling of zen in knowing you have wifi, screen res, ram, web browsing, etc all compacted inside the perfect phone.

there really isnt much more room for p1 to slack anymore after looking at the above link.
    the MPX isn't/won't be available for Sprint, will it?
    Sell your Palm stock...

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    Honestly, this feels like I was expecting a GI-Joe and opened a pair of socks on Christmas morning. I was ready to plop down for two, me and companion. Now I am left in a total quandry. For the price difference, it may make more sense just to grab another 600 with the 4 cingular accessories and wait and see what happens in the future. I am so disappointed. It's not the Camera, it's not the Wifi, it's not the memory, it's all of the things that it is missing.

Visor Phone> Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > ?
    just use one of those other devices for a while, and see if you still have the same beef with the Treo line. There's more to the experience than a list of specs - all I'm saying is USE one, and then decide.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    the only obstacle left for ppcs is form factor. thats the LAST FRONTIER.
    once ms / motorola phones achieve form factor, palmone will be brushed aside.

because then, not only will you have pocketability, but you will have the feeling of zen in knowing you have wifi, screen res, ram, web browsing, etc all compacted inside the perfect phone.

there really isnt much more room for p1 to slack anymore after looking at the above link.
    That's exactly it. "Pocketability" is what Windows Mobile device are missing. They're all so big.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast