Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    They cannot sell a $600 phone to anyone but phone buffs.
    Some of us believe this IS the end-customer set for the entire TREO line.
    I'd say they got it 50% right. The better resolution is really a great thing but I am not going to spend so much money just for screen and have to buy all new accessories. If it was a little better, a lot of us would upgrade but with only bluetooth and higher res., I think less people will upgrade. 32mg, same camera, roughly same size with different connector is not going to make everyone hate their 600 and want to upgrade. In a way, they saved me a lot of money by not really producing anything.
    I've only started to post on this board yesterday and don't get me wrong...I like this board...(even though I don't really post on any board prior to this)...but does anyone in here have a job??????

What the F--- do you people do for a living that you can spend all your days and nights talking about a damn phone.....?

Now that said, I'm self employed so I have the time to screw around....
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    if you just got here yesterday and you have also been on a messageboard at some point in your past you would know people are glued to sources of live information during a product release even more than normal... that being said im self employed too ^_^ and right now im trying to work but i cant. because im using an a500 that keeps ringing and i have to hold it to my head and use an actual pen to write things down and so it makes me wonder when im gettin a treo every time. oh and sprint just called me to tell me mid to end december. i hope thats uninformed news..
    Come on guys....repeat after me......"I promise to go outside and get some fresh air, I promise to not worry about a cell phone, I promise to ask a pretty girl out....."

Damn guys...Its been real...have fun...I'm off to enjoy my day!

Thanks everyone for all the great info on the phone, I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy
    I will be so happy when all these whiners buy their PPC bricks and get out of here.

The *****ing is quite tiring. Go outside or something.
    I wonder if PalmOne feel the same. They'll soon be down the drain if they do...
    no no, I was searching for a new phone because my Motorola v60 was a real piece of sh--, and I hated having to carry my IPaq Pocket PC with me where ever I went. So I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and get a smartphone. I was trying to do research on the smartphones on Cnet and they rated the T600 high so I did a google search to see where I could get the phone for cheap.

I found this site and everyone was so keen on the T650, I have to admit it...I was very keen on it also, the assumed specs were great. From what I read on this site (and this is the first and only board I have ever spent time reading...dont usually have time for this stuff) I thought I would hold off...live with my crappy Motorola v60 and buy the 650. Then AT&T (my service provider) informed me that I could buy the 600 and return within 30 days if not happy of course I did that....I wanted to test the PalmOS (being a PPC user, I was not sure if PalmOS would work for me). To my surprise it worked great, it could do anything that my PPC could do. I did miss the Outlook thing but, it was very close and I didnt mind. Buying a few extra software to fix things wasnt a big deal for me either.

I returned my Treo 600 on Oct 18th and was hoping the damn 650 would be out by then but no luck.....no come to find out I waited all this time and got caught up in the hype for nothing really. Hell I could buy the T600 for $199 on Amazon.com, that is a much better deal than $600+ for the T650. It isnt the issue of the price, it is more an issue of the value. I will pay top dollar for a product that is top of the line...but I will not pay that kind of money for something that is outdated before it hits the selves.

Anyway....I was just saying that we are spending way to much time on a phone.....it just surprised me how much of a time drain this damn thing is. I would rather be outside or doing something with my life than worrying about this silly company and their products. Come on think about it, how much time in hours or even days have you spent researching and discussing a PHONE???
    in the end...all of these devices are supposed to make our lives better....not consume them!
    so as I said, thank you guys for all the great information....but I'm checking out of this black hole before it swallows me up whole!

Just kidding...about the black hole thing...not about checking out of here! I hope you all find what your looking for in your devices, but man don't take it so seriously! relax and life will be okay with or without the "must have" "killer" smartphone.

bye bye everyone!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_JHF1
    Come on guys....repeat after me......"I promise to go outside and get some fresh air, I promise to not worry about a cell phone, I promise to ask a pretty girl out....."
    Um.. considering you are posting every few minutes......you might consider yoru own words?

Damn guys...Its been real...have fun...I'm off to enjoy my day!
    You lied. You had a bunch of posts after this one. Liar Liar pants on fire....
    The problem with the 650 is not that it missed on upgrading any particular feature - it's that it missed on so many. The 600 is already so good - and expensive - that it was not going to be worth upgrading unless the 650 gave us SOME combination of upgraded features. Just a screen and a processor isn't enough.

Nevertheless, if they had just added more memory and threw in a 1.3 MP camera - upgrades that would've been a lot cheaper than WIFI - I think a lot more people would've been able to convince themselves to upgrade. I find the whole thing very curious being that I've also heard Tungsten line owners call improvements to the T5 as being too marginal to justify an upgrade. Maybe they're not even expecting us to upgrade with this product. I doubt former Handspring leadership would've put the 650 out if they were depending on new revenue. This seems like a fiasco contrived by former Palm leadership.

And finally, I have a suggestion for the people who say the VGA camera is no big deal and to quit whining. Take out your checkbook, write Ed Colligan a blank check, take whatever product they send you in the mail, give a great big smile, call PalmOne your daddy and take a picture of the moment with 8 MP $1,000 Canon.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Thank you John for straightening all of our lives out for us. I knew something was amiss! How much do we owe you for this session?
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    I wonder if PalmOne feel the same. They'll soon be down the drain if they do...
    Really. Just because they aren't listening to a bunch of phone geeks whine on a message board they'll go down the drain?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy
    Really. Just because they aren't listening to a bunch of phone geeks whine on a message board they'll go down the drain?

Just remember many of these phone geeks influence many of their less geeky friends buying decisions, and then those friends influence others.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    we are technology enthusiasts and i for one (and im sure i speak for many of us) are on the clock while checking out the site and getting work done.

however i do have some advice. if youre not an enthusiast, then how about you get your information and then get the f--- out with your mouth shut? i think that sounds like a plan.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimHy
    Just remember many of these phone geeks influence many of their less geeky friends buying decisions, and then those friends influence others.
    Thats the truth! I showed my Treo to a buddy and he liked it so much he deployed 25 in his company. Plus the many others that I showed and extolled the virtues of the Treo 600.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    Does Palm One see what's going on in the world around them?

Windows Mobile phones have 1+ mp cameras, over 100 megs of internal memory, larger screens, built-in voice recorders, full media players, etc.

To combat this, what does Palm do? They add a little mirror near their camera and some other relatively minor improvements. It's not enough.

It's simple. If you don't like the T650 because it doesn't have the MP camera, don't buy one. No amount of complaining in the world is gonna make them stop production and include the camera in this model. The MP camera is gonna be for a future Treo as one of the incentives to get people to upgrade. If you wanna talk about what it doesn't have there will be hundreds of posts on that. "Why doesn't it have the MP camera?, Why doesn't it have voice dialing?, Why doesn't it have GPS, Why doesn't it have a Gig of memory, Why doesn't it have and FM radio? Why doesn't it have a TV tuner, Why doesn't it have 6.1 Dolby surround? Why doesn't it have a flash/video light?" Etc., etc., etc.,! It is what it is. Don't "woulda, coulda, shoulda, the device to death.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Quote Originally Posted by jimHy
    Oh, the self-delusional power we all think we have....
    You can please some of the people some of the time ............
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Well you all figure it out. The 650 is not an upgrade at all, it is the same as the 600 plus a better screen. Da**, P1 is still pulling the buggy with a horse while manufacturers like HTC are driving Ferraris. Yes PPC is bigger but lots more to boast about than what P1 is offering in current products. What next October they might at another 64 MB mem and change connectors again.
    SPCS / RL-7300 -> VM-4500 -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600 -> TREO 650??
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast