Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    just use one of those other devices for a while, and see if you still have the same beef with the Treo line. There's more to the experience than a list of specs - all I'm saying is USE one, and then decide.
    I don't disagree with you. And switching PDA operating system brands isn't as easy as switching toilet paper brands.

Both those reasons explain why I haven't even considered switching every time a new OS came out.

But it's now time to consider others. Windows Mobile, for example, isn't an infant any more. It's improved a lot over the years.

It's time to TRY other options.
    Damn the camera... "palmOne has no plans on supporting the wifi card with the Treo 650". palmOne truly SUKS!!!
    WiFi, WiFi, WiFi...

It's easy to say to me that the WiFi card will work, but you'll just need to turn off the other radio...

Can someone make a blue-tooth to WiFi portable hub/repeater?

I just want speed for streaming media and VOIP...
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    That's exactly it. "Pocketability" is what Windows Mobile device are missing. They're all so big.

I don't think so...coming soon...

http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=I-MATE_JAM

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    Its really sad that palmone had a whole year to build on what was a breakthrough product. I still get compliments on the phone today... Unfortunately, it will be "a while" before a better treo emerges... and Iam not willing to part with $600 in the interim.

Why couldnt palm get their act together and improve the camera to a reasonable level?

What is a f$%@*ing shame is the 23 megs of available memory.

I am selling my palm stock tomorrow and buying the imate when it releases....
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    Does Palm One see what's going on in the world around them?

Windows Mobile phones have 1+ mp cameras, over 100 megs of internal memory, larger screens, built-in voice recorders, full media players, etc.

To combat this, what does Palm do? They add a little mirror near their camera and some other relatively minor improvements. It's not enough.
    I can't agree more with Andrew. I've had the treo 600 for one yr now, and everytime I read the threads I LONGED for the upgrades on the resolution, bluetooth, hi quality camera..... and wifi. Finally, after ALL THIS PAINSTAKING WAITING AND GUESSING, what do they come out with? A SUB-STANDARD CRAPPY CAMERA, SAME RAM, AND NO WIFI (or any support within sight??), and depsite the early rumors or "insider info." about the "1.3 megapixel cam", THEY HAD TO DISAPPOINT with such a similar "LOW GRADE" cam. The more I think of P1 the more I feel these people are NOT FACING REALITY IN THE SMARTPHONE HI-TECH BIZ!!! THEY'RE STILL SIMPLY MISSING THE BOAT. From being a near leader with the 600, they now still think they can do some catching up. Well, I for one, was really anxious to upgrade. But now I'm really having 2nd thoughts!! Sure there are lots more fans who agree wmo!
    Quote Originally Posted by AfroCreame
    it doesnt have a keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuka
    it doesnt have a keyboard

Thats funny, whats that qwerty thing underneath the pda then?
    IMATE PDA2k does indeed have a thumbboard.
    I unfortunately own palmone stock as well, I should have sold at $38.

should I dump p1 shares now or wait? I get the feeling "sell" is what im about to hear. dammit.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    .3 mpixel camera? this .. is.. quite embarrassing.
    1. couldnt deliver wifi

2. couldnt deliver 64mb ram

3. couldnt deliver the promised 1.3 mpixel camera

4. AND they slap you with a different connector, so you have to replace ALL of your accessories.

im really in disbelief. the form factor looks wonderful, but i gotta tell you, they are REALLY missing the boat here on specs.

its amazing.. you know we are in a world where samsung is producing a 5 megapixel cameraphone. FIVE!

here comes the champ palmone with the new treo 650, with (giggle) 0.3 megapixel cam. wow.

This is why I m giving a 2nd look at the PPCs
    I would. With the crap "Tungsten T5" and now the Treo 650...I'd bail. Don't get me wrong, I've owned 2 Treo 600's and they served me very well and I'am still a big fan. With the disappointment of the T5 within the Palm community and now the not-so-worthwhile Treo 650..just plain sucks. I just don't see how palm can compete much longer. I'am not preaching that the Pocket PC platform is high and mighty...it does have it's cons...what it does have it bleeding edge technology...which PalmOne has failed to deliver.

P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->P900->MPx->Treo 600->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs & o2 XDA II Mini
    The PDA2K as a slide out keyboard.
    The JAM doesn't.

I'm planning to get the PDA2K.

IF I find the PDA2K too big, and
    IF PalmOne catchup, and
    IF I don't get on with Windows Mobile

then I might consider getting a Treo in future, but not the 650.

Web browsing anywhere in my home, free, though my home ADSL connection vai wifi is a feature I'm looking forward to on my PDA2K. Just got to see if Orange release the M2000 in the next week or so, otherwise I'm getting the SIM free PDA2K.

Glad I've made up my mind now. I just don't understand this whole Palm thing. I had the Treo 600 for a year and I honestly cannot see why people are fans of Palm. Perhaps I'll have a shock when I move to Windows Mobile.

Palm reminds me of when we were still using Mac OS 9.0 and there was talk of OS X. You knew you were using an outdated OS, but you still loved it despite it's limitations! Fortunately, as I've not been using the Palm OS for very long (12 months) I haven't grown too attached, and would rather get all those great features on the PDA2K than stick with Palm.
    The big problem with the PDA2k is it does not support SprintPCS and isn't it around $1,000 to $1,200?

That's doubling the price, nearly triple with contracts.
    im going to bail tomorrow. expecting a slight surge of $1 or $2 after market hears of treo 650 release, and ill sell at $30 -31.
    im out.

have had it with p1. looking elsewhere for better captains of their businesses. I can see its clearly not in palmone.

thankgod the bosox are breaking out of their curse. bc its felt like rooting for p1 is like routing for the bosox of old - you're bound for heartbreaking disappointment. what a shame
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    im going to bail tomorrow. expecting a slight surge of $1 or $2 after market hears of treo 650 release, and ill sell at $30 -31.
    im out.

have had it with p1. looking elsewhere for better captains of their businesses. I can see its clearly not in palmone.

thankgod the bosox are breaking out of their curse. bc its felt like rooting for p1 is like routing for the bosox of old - you're bound for heartbreaking disappointment. what a shame
    You think share prices will go up when the market heads of the Treo 650 release?
    I can only HOPE they will. my gut tells me otherwise. either way, im selling
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    You think share prices will go up when the market [hears] of the Treo 650 release?
    Sure, when they hear of it.

They won't hear of it today, though, because this is an "announcement", not a "release".

[though, admittedly, even a PalmOne "release" isn't what you and I would call a "release"]

Price might pop for a moment or two - or might crash hard. The lack of enthusiasm on this, the most fanatic of all TREO-oriented message boards, might be a cliue.

Be Careful Out There!

Especially when trying to play an uber-trading stock like PLMO...
    I know I won't be upgrading... I can do without the bluetooth and high rez screen. I agree that this is it for PalmOne, and this year, other devices will be out to strip Treo of its marketshare. I asked a fellow treo 600 owner at church if he planned on upgrading, and he simply said, "Mine works for now, I will stay with this." The Treo 650 is what the 600 SHOULD have been last year. It is so embaressing to have someone want to check out my expensive smart phone, and then comment on the poor screen, but that doesn't bother me enought to sell it on fleabay for 280 and but a 650 for 5-6 hundred... no thanks PalmOne, now for those pocket pc devices...
    <c>Searching for happiness. 33 pdas later I find the GSM Treo 600. Now Ebayers love my pdas. I love my Treo...
    Never forget that PalmOne COULD (won't say "will"!) drop the price of the TREO 600 to something obscenely low thus stay quite competitive in their niche.

Markets are weird, especially stock markets.

Be Careful Out There!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast