Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    The 650 WILL BE WIFI CAPABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, the last word is it will be supported*

*As an additional piece of hardware.
    Now that I've gotten over my initial hostility towards the 650 I've come to the following conclusions:

1) The 650 only makes sense for PalmOne if it is REPLACING the 600 going forward. I'll bet that this is what this product is and I'll bet that they clear inventory on the 600 and discontinue manufacturing of it within the upcoming months. That would explain why the upgrades are so marginal. They're not counting on anyone upgrading. If that's what this is then fine. I'll wait for the next one.

2) If this is not the case and PalmOne is depending on revenue from people upgrading to stay afloat then they are going to be in trouble. The percentage of people upgrading from 600 to 650 is going to be nowhere near as high as the percentage that went from 270/300 to 600.

Point 2 is the most troublesome. Regardless of how you view the 650 - nobody who has a 600 wants PalmOne to go belly up. I think that's why so many are upset. We all WANTED to pay cash for a product worthy to upgrade to thinking PalmOne needed us to - as they undoubtedly did when we upgraded to the 600. But a lot of us want to but can't justify it this time.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    The 650 WILL BE WIFI CAPABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Didn't they say the same thing about Bluetooth and the 600?
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    2) If this is not the case and PalmOne is depending on revenue from people upgrading to stay afloat then they are going to be in trouble. The percentage of people upgrading from 600 to 650 is going to be nowhere near as high as the percentage that went from 270/300 to 600.
    I would agree many less people will be upgrading, but I think that Palm is going after large enterprise much more now. I was at a California Relay Services presentation the other day, and everyone there who worked for the California Utilities commission had a 600. The state is buying Treos. Especially with the advent of Exchange Server 2003 and the Blackberry Client in the 650's future, This widen greatly widen the 650's marketability for large enterprise, and maybe that is why new bells and whistles were kept to a minimum?.
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    Didn't they say the same thing about Bluetooth and the 600?
    Yeah, and Wi-Fi.

(thus the signature...)
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    i couldnt have said it any better. i cannot for the life of me understand why palmone cant get this. its not rocket science.

It's amazing, but remember we're in Palms hands now, not handsprings...we need inventors not conglomerates.

The phones still great, if you don't see features you need skip this upgrade until next time.
    Larry
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910