Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What kind of upgrade is this? The improvements are so minor they're not worth upgrading over.
  2.    #2  
    Windows Mobile phones are pulling further and further ahead of us.
    You CAN'T be disapointed... we knew those already.
    I am forced to note the repeated references to an upcoming 'family of Treo smartphones'. Patience, young Grasshopper.
    "'Form follows function' ó that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Resolution - as high as 640x480 for photos or 352x288 for videos.

sonofa*****... Palm1 cannot do simple things like increase memory and get a better f*ing camera...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Hey, calm down, red sox won...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Hey, calm down, red sox won...

but i also agree that palmone seems to be operating from the stance of a somewhat "challenged" company.

go red sox!!!
    Captain Hair - I'm with you - I'm waiting for tomorrow to see if they say more about the "family of treo's." Hopefully they aren't going to say the 600 and 650 are the family - COME ON 700!!!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    What kind of upgrade is this? The improvements are so minor they're not worth upgrading over.
    Try telling that to us Treo 180 users. The upgrade for us is gonna be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by vocaro
    Boy, are you behind....
    I have detailed files.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by vocaro
    Treo 180 users are the only ones who'll really be impressed by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214

but i also agree that palmone seems to be operating from the stance of a somewhat "challenged" company.

go red sox!!!
    Well said Treobk214
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I think PalmOne is walking the fine line of wanting to make this enough of an upgrade but still leave room for another upgrade in 6 months to round out the family. Look for a Treo with a 1.3 Mpixel camera, Wifi, and 64M or more memory in time for the March/April release cycle. If the put the camera in the 650, then the next unit would not stand out enough from the 650.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by firefinder24
    Captain Hair - I'm with you - I'm waiting for tomorrow to see if they say more about the "family of treo's." Hopefully they aren't going to say the 600 and 650 are the family - COME ON 700!!!!!!
    That's a common feeling. Palm just added a new phone and, instead of getting excited, most of us are hoping there's more.

I wouldn't hold my breath.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by guinnessdraught
    I think PalmOne is walking the fine line of wanting to make this enough of an upgrade but still leave room for another upgrade in 6 months to round out the family. Look for a Treo with a 1.3 Mpixel camera, Wifi, and 64M or more memory in time for the March/April release cycle. If the put the camera in the 650, then the next unit would not stand out enough from the 650.
    By that time, the competition will be producing cameras with 2 mp or more and the upgrade to 1.3 will look lame.

If they're showing us their "work in progress" they should work harder.
    Okay, folks, let's try this one more time. More megapixels do NOT always mean better pictures!!!! The new Motorola MP220 has a 1.3 mp camera, and the picture quality is worse than some VGA cameras.

Let's see what the pictures look like before jumping to any conclusions.
    They just posted a picture on the front page of TC in the review, it doesn't look bad at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    Treo 180 users are the only ones who'll really be impressed by this.
    I think this about says it all for the treo 650.

this will be a magnificent upgrade for those who have been using models like the treo 180 or the treo 300, and generally phones which operate on low processing power, limited memory, lack web browser capability and cameras.

so in that niche, the treo 650 will be a definite hit.

but for those who have a treo 600, there is very little reason for the investment, except for those of us who want the bleeding edge in screen res.

better to save that money for the ultimate upgrade so as not to feel frustrated when a smartphone killer arrives in 5 months or more to take away the t650`s appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    They just posted a picture on the front page of TC in the review, it doesn't look bad at all...
    I agree. It seems to look bettern than the MPX220 pictures on howardchiu.com. Let's see what the video looks like.
    I just saw an icon called Express also on the revie (they keep on posting pics) does anyone know what that is ??? and also the debug feature,
    and does it have Jva officially (didn't hear anything about that)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast