1.    #1  
    For which applications is it possible to force data to reside exclusively on the SD Card? I'd like my device, with the SDC removed, to be as devoid of personal data as possible, but of course fully functional with the SDC inserted.

Suggestions? Thanks.
    Interesting. Utilities like PowerRun will allow you to put an application AND its data on the SD card. They create a "shortcut" app in RAM that, when launched, will copy the real app and its data to RAM. When the app exits PowerRun copies the changed data back to the card and deletes the RAM copy.

I don't know if this would work with the built-in applications like MemoPad. You would probably need to copy them from ROM to RAM first so they could be used by PowerRun (a good file utility like Filez can do this). I just don't think it would handle things properly since the ROM copy cannot be deleted and if you accidentally launch the ROM MemoPad its database is recreated. Normally if you upgrade a file in RAM that is stored on the SD card then launch the shortcut, PowerRun does not overwrite the RAM copy but treats it as the newer copy. When you exit the app it copies the upgraded one back to the SD, overwriting the old one.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Are you trying to do this so you can share your Treo as a phone to others? Curious. If you want security I can suggest some easier/better alternatives.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. The issues is security, not sharing. In fact, sharing is exactly what I want to avoid<g>.