1.    #1  
    I can't believe I sold my Treo600 on eBay (about 3 weeks ago). I then unloaded all my accessories to co-workers (and took a hit there). Why? All in anticipation of the 650. I am SHOCKED, yes, shocked that the camera is only VGA. Basically the only worthwhile things (for my purposes) are bluetooth (which I'm not sure how much I'll really use since I think wireless headsets look a little silly) and the hi-res screen.

So, for me, it basically means spending an extra $250 for a hi-res screen (I sold my T600 for $400). I don't think that's worth it. I know PalmOne isn't to blame...we all hyped ourselves into believing this thing would have a 1.3MP camera, even doubting those who told us otherwise. I just am very disappointed all the same.

I keep asking myself...do I upgrade on Monday (from my POS Nokia phone) or wait to buy the Motorola MPX (which has the camera I want, a flash, and all the other goodies, save for Palm software?).
    I would recommend you wait until the first T650 reviews (and pricing info) are posted, and then decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by howardde
    I can't believe I sold my Treo600 on eBay (about 3 weeks ago).
    Hey, if you want your 600 back, I'll be glad to sell you my 600; so I can buy a 650. $300. Just 4 months old and in perfect condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc
    I would recommend you wait until the first T650 reviews (and pricing info) are posted, and then decide.
    Then test drive one for yourself! I too am a lil put off with the no flash on the 650 but I'm hoping that the camera will somehow compensate.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    howardde

pm me or send me an email... i'll sell you my new Treo600... i'm going to get a 650 and my unit is only 1.5 months old...

Brand new condition... let me know
    Ditto. Only 1.5 months old, and will sell with 512 mb sd card.
    netfreedom@myway.com
    I wouldn't classify the screen as the only value in the 650 - many folks I know are excited about the swappable battery, and the larger keyboard keys, and some of the other physical changes (dedicated answer/end, etc). Yes, the screen is better, but there are other goodies as well. And I wouldn't necessarily yawn at Bluetooth; although I too have never used it, I know a lot of folks who thought that same way before they used a wireless headset, and have totally changed their opinions after using one.
    My point - more there than just the screen.
    I am glad I didn't sell mine. I am going to wait for the next treo and hope it has umts technology.
    Good to see a lot of ppl thinking more clearly now. Earlier, everyone just had to have one and was willing to shell out unknown amounts of money without knowing what was and wasn't included with the Treo650. Seems lately, the more info that's leaked or found from reliable sources (or info from palmOne themselves) some of us are a little more reluctant to drop down $700 or more for a few minor upgrades and our old Treo600s may stand the test of time. I for one can wait.
    I would upgrade to the 650 simply because its newer; the camera, well lets just say that I havent lost any sleep due to its uselessness. I wouldnt upgrade to the 650 simply for a better camera. Digital cameras are cheap these days; imagine the pricetag the 650 will carry. You can get a very nice Kodak for less.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by howardde
    I can't believe I sold my Treo600 on eBay (about 3 weeks ago). I then unloaded all my accessories to co-workers (and took a hit there). Why? All in anticipation of the 650. I am SHOCKED, yes, shocked that the camera is only VGA. Basically the only worthwhile things (for my purposes) are bluetooth (which I'm not sure how much I'll really use since I think wireless headsets look a little silly) and the hi-res screen.

So, for me, it basically means spending an extra $250 for a hi-res screen (I sold my T600 for $400). I don't think that's worth it. I know PalmOne isn't to blame...we all hyped ourselves into believing this thing would have a 1.3MP camera, even doubting those who told us otherwise. I just am very disappointed all the same.

I keep asking myself...do I upgrade on Monday (from my POS Nokia phone) or wait to buy the Motorola MPX (which has the camera I want, a flash, and all the other goodies, save for Palm software?).
    No one really knows that the camera is VGA. Yeah some websites say it is. But others also insist that it has 1 MP, 1.2MP, and even 1.3MP. There is also a guy that wrote in this forum on how he tested the 650 and said that the Camera is a tleast a MP. Don't sweat it just yet. Wait til it comes ot first.