1.    #1  
    I need some help...I've just found out that my Verizon contract does not end until May (05). I CAN'T wait that long for the 650. I'm using a Palm m515 and BT card and a bluetooth enabled Motorola 270c right now, but they are on their last legs. Can one buy a Treo and NOT activate the phone through a carrier and just use it as a Palm until my contract ends with Verizon and I can go to Sprint or whoever is carrying it? Or does anyone know a slick way of getting out of a contract with Verizon...I don't remember changing my plan with them, but they said I did last May and now I'm stuck. HELP.
    you could buy just the phone with no service and then but it one there later, you just have to have the verison verison of the phone for the carrier. but you dont get like the hundred or so dollar rebate also... so if you want to wait then so its up to you.
    dmax - Im in the same boat as you. I'll wait and see what this "family" of Treo's thing is about (hopefully we'll all find out on Monday) and if the "700" is soon to come out - I'll probably wait for that instead of paying full retail for the 650 then full retail for the next Treo (700??) in a few months...... I've said all along - the 650 looked to me as a 600 with the bugs worked out!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    you're crazy
  5.    #5  
    Yes, JOV3, I am crazy...but it's an insanity born from despiration. Would I be crazier to just pay the fine and switch carriers? I think I'd rather be crazy than depressed not having the 650 ASAP. Oh the torment.
    hmmm... i think the early termination fee is about $100-200. so it would be roughly be ever after rebates.... i think?
    Just pay the fee.........
    Move to a location that does not have any Verizon towers, then they will let you out of the contract. Then move back.
  9.    #9  
    Now there's an idea! Thanks for all the help and support. If I can't manipulate my way out of the contract, I think I will just pay the fee.... Wow, this addiction is way bad.
    I dont think the 650 is all that great to drop down full price. Get a used 600 and it will save you money
    VZW early termination fee is $175.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    Yes, JOV3, I am crazy...but it's an insanity born from despiration. Would I be crazier to just pay the fine and switch carriers? I think I'd rather be crazy than depressed not having the 650 ASAP. Oh the torment.

LOL...I only said that cuz, Out of the 6 different times I switched carriers due to poor reception or "I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR MY CONTRACT TO BE UP, SO THAT I MAY BUY THIS OTHER ULTRA COOL PHONE"...I ended up Cancelling ALL 6 times. I'm sure you are the same as me. We gotta play with our new toy, and once it becomes old news, we gotta get something else. In the last 8 years since Cell phones became popular, I've had at least 25 different kinds. Of course, that eats up a lot of money, BUT i'm usually happy with my decision. So i say GO FOR IT!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JOV3
    LOL...I only said that cuz, Out of the 6 different times I switched carriers due to poor reception or "I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR MY CONTRACT TO BE UP, SO THAT I MAY BUY THIS OTHER ULTRA COOL PHONE"...I ended up Cancelling ALL 6 times. I'm sure you are the same as me. We gotta play with our new toy, and once it becomes old news, we gotta get something else. In the last 8 years since Cell phones became popular, I've had at least 25 different kinds. Of course, that eats up a lot of money, BUT i'm usually happy with my decision. So i say GO FOR IT!!!!
    OMG...I thought I was a gadget freak. But at least I've used my phones for a year each on average. 25 in 8 years!?! Wow...
    Yep, I think we are all a bit touched! I've changed phones so much it's comical considering how happy I am with each one -- initially. But I've stayed with the Treo for a year come Halloween!

It's the nature of freaking technology. Those gadget/tech companies love folks like us... always wanting more and better.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre