1.    #1  
    How about using the bottom connector (the one used for hotsync) to have a pig tail ( a short one) to which a USB key-like Wi-Fi adapter can be attached. May look crappy, but could work. What do you think? Anyone up to creating such a solution (until the real low power wi-fi cards are released) so that one can then use 802.11b/802.11g and even other USB-based devices

Cheers!
    You'd be hard pressed to find a developer willing to make such a specific product. . . especially now that the 600 is being phased out.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

3.    #3  
    Well, I agree. But if Softick can use the dongle to make a USB Mass Storage instance on the PC, am sure, one can use software to use the base connector as a 'real' USB port i.e. can connect anything USB to it (if there's a driver).
    This company already makes the product for PALM similar to what you refer to. They don't mention T600 compatibility through:
    https://www.enfora.com/shop/SearchRe...x?CategoryID=3
    My impression isn't a lack of hardware to get wifi on the 600, it's the lack of proper drivers. Something Palm is holding out on us with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    My impression isn't a lack of hardware to get wifi on the 600, it's the lack of proper drivers. Something Palm is holding out on us with.

You are refering to SDIO based Wi-Fi devices for which there is no T600 drivers, due to insufficient power supply of the build in SD slot. Solution marketed by Enfora is completely different. It is based on build in connector. Power needed by the radio emitter/receiver is provided by the device itself! Using this device would be no different then hotsyncing T600 or using T600 as a modem with software like PdaNet.
    You wouldn't want WiFi added on a Treo. The frequency will be high enough to fry your brain when you answer a call. Think of your Microwave oven.
    This article mentions wi-fi and drivers planned for 650

http://news.com.com/Want+a+Treo+650+...3-5425737.html