1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to change the user nae on a treo 600 without performing a hard reset?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Go to preferences in the applications view, and select "owner" from the drop down menu at the top. HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by kbd517
    Go to preferences in the applications view, and select "owner" from the drop down menu at the top. HTH
    Um, No....

Try this:

In the Palm Desktop application, click on the "Tools" menu, then the "Users" menu item.
    Select your HotSync id, click the "Rename" button, change it to whatever you want
    Click OK to exit.
    Synchronize your organizer.
    Its HotSync id will be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    In the Palm Desktop application, click on the "Tools" menu, then the "Users" menu item.
    Select your HotSync id, click the "Rename" button, change it to whatever you want
    Click OK to exit.
    Synchronize your organizer.
    Its HotSync id will be changed.

How will this affect the apps that are registered under a different ID?
  5.    #5  
    All: I found the best way to do this...

Go to this Website and download a utility applet called "ChangeName." Follow the instructions and this will allow the user name on the Treo 600 to be changed.

http://www.mulliner.org/palm
    Changing the username will effect your registered apps. I use 2 devices, T|C & T600. I set up 2 different usernames for syncing purposes but all of my purchased apps use one name only. SOLUTION: 1 of 2 freeware apps available from palmgear- TweakUser and Username. they allow you to sync to one name but use a different name on the device. Great apps!
    Banoo... what's that smell?