Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if PalmOne is going to do this promotion again for the 650 like they did for the 600? I have searched on this forum and have not found any topics on it.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by stonedtseller
    I have searched on this forum and have not found any topics on it.
    Apparently with your eyes closed.
  3. #3  
    IMO they will not offer such a deal again. Handspring used to be big on this, however Palm and now palmOne do not do this at launh (although they sometimes have other kinds of promotions later during the life of a product). My guess is that they won't do this because that leaves all their other products without such promotions.

    I hope I'm wrong, though.
  4. mgauss's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    #4  
    When the 650 comes out us nerds will buy some 1000 units, but then the rest lesser nerds will be like do I really need the upgrade so they will feel pressure to do something and they will come up with a few upgrade promotions.
  5. #5  
    I'm not sure about P1, but I wouldn't be suprised at carrier uprgade/discounts for contract extensions or re ups.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    When the 650 comes out us nerds will buy some 1000 units, but then the rest lesser nerds will be like do I really need the upgrade so they will feel pressure to do something and they will come up with a few upgrade promotions.
    Yup yup yup.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JTREOB
    I'm not sure about P1, but I wouldn't be suprised at carrier uprgade/discounts for contract extensions or re ups.
    I would be surprised. The last time Palm needed people to upgrade from the 300 (a product that was, in many ways, a failure). This time they don't need people to upgrade. The buzz is there.
  8. #8  
    I would think a larger number of 600 users would hesitate on the upgrade without some incentive, then those who went from the 300 to the 600 which was a major step up
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  9. #9  
    I agree with scottymomo. Even though I think PalmOne may not be predisposed to offer a large upgrade discount, they may find that the specifications of the 650 are not sufficiently attractive to existing Treo 600 owners without one. I hope they will offer a loyalty incentive similar to the one Handspring gave when the 600 was released, but I doubt they will.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I would think a larger number of 600 users would hesitate on the upgrade without some incentive, then those who went from the 300 to the 600 which was a major step up
    I think a rebate on the order of the last one ($200) would destroy the gross margin on the unit sold. Absent another reason (inducing Treo 300 owners to "trust them" again), I doubt you'll see such an offer.
  11. #11  
    Similar topic, Please use other thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=60056

    for mobile users, use this link: http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=60056
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 10/24/2004 at 12:07 PM. Reason: add mobile link

Posting Permissions