1.    #1  
    Greetings! I am in Grand Junction Colorado and a computer radio talk show called Castellini on Computers is going to be talking with a representative from SprintPCS. Go to www.HelpMeRick.com to listen.
    They said something about trying to get him to discuss the 650.

Update: Here is the Link to the Interview.
    Last edited by pcsnpixels; 10/24/2004 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Added link to Interview.
    listening now...
    Someone post any highlights about the 650 and Sprint in general.
    10x faster data speeds on vision network beginning in Jan 05...
    I don't have Sprint but,
    Bigger data chunks and 10x increase at first of year for capable phones. That's impressive.
    Interview over...He's going to interview him again after the treo 650 comes out. Missed the first half of the interview.
    I think he was referencing the 650 when he mentioned the 15 sec video capturing. Am I wrong? Is this spec known yet? Is this the limit of video capturing for this phone?
    that's what has been reported...I think there are a couple other vision phones that can do that.
    Does anyone think that Sprint will be the ONLY carrier to carry the TREO 650, at first? And does anyone have advise of which carrier is best for data, voice etc.
    My co-host (pcsnpixels) are working to get the mp3 of the interview out soon. However, here are some highlights about the 650:

1. No specific date revealed, but he had seen a 'mock up'
    2. Could not confirm whether or not it will work on higher speed network scheduled for early next year
    3. Mentioned that it will have high res screen (we all knew that) and "more features"

The Sprint rep has agreed to another interview when a more firm release date is known and he knows more. He has been very willing to give us info when he can, but being an official spokesperson for Sprint, he can't reveal too much either. The interview was interesting, however and we will post it soon.
    Rick
    "...There is no try..." - Yoda
    I am uploading the interview with Sprint we did today on the radio right now on my weak satellite connection. The engineers compress the heck out of the audio so it isn't superb, but it listenable. The file is about 12mb and the interview is about 14 minutes in total. We pressed Dave a little about the 650 without burning our bridge with Sprint. He has been a great contact for us and very gracious in visiting with us on the show.

The file is located at:

http://www.HelpMeRick.com/Files/1023043dave.wma

The link will be live in about 12 minutes...
    Rick
    OK, the file is loaded and working...the link I gave earlier is accurate:

http://www.HelpMeRick.com/Files/1023043dave.wma

have at it....I'm out of here until tomorrow...
    Quote Originally Posted by pcrick
    The Sprint rep has agreed to another interview when a more firm release date is known and he knows more...being an official spokesperson for Sprint
    This was done YESTERDAY!?

Uh...if he's official and REALLY is supposed to know things, then the TREO 650 for Sprint ain't coming anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    This was done YESTERDAY!?

Uh...if he's official and REALLY is supposed to know things, then the TREO 650 for Sprint ain't coming anytime soon.
    Wait 'till Monday
    Dave is the Rocky Mountain/West Region spokesperson for Sprint...as with all guys in his position, he has to keep things quiet even if he knows something. We have interviewed him three times and he has always been a straight shooter. Last year we interviewed him before the 600 came out and he had used it and seen it and knew approximate dates.

So, unless he put on an extremely good poker face yesterday, I'm not confident about an immediate release date...
    Rick
  16.    #16  
    For those who are not familiar the phone releases - there are many dates to confuse with the release date. There are leaks, press releases, official announcements, unofficial announcements, teasers, manufacturer release announcements, manufacturer release dates, carrier release announcements and carrier release dates, not to mention rumored release dates and perceived formal official release dates posted on unofficial sites, and pre-order announcments both official and unofficial.

The only date or announcement that you can truly trust is the date that the item shows up for sale by a carrier on the shelf in stock at a store.

I guess I have just been a victim of hype too many times (Kyocera 7135, Samsung i500, Treo 300 & 600 and now the 650). I have come to notice a trend with these things. The best way to deal is to crawl into a cave and take a long nap until February. By then the wait should be over, or almost over and new threads about the Treo 650i will be popping up.
  17.    #17  
    That was a joke - I made up the 650i.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcsnpixels
    The only date or announcement that you can truly trust is the date that the item shows up for sale by a carrier on the shelf in stock at a store.
    Yup yup yup.

That day is not today for the Treo 650.