Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The complete Treo 650 Product Specifications, check out the Page 2 link for 10/23/2004 news. Just about everything you wanted to know can be found there.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Could it be that I was correct about the VGA camera?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Could it be that I was correct about the VGA camera?
    Yes indeed, you were right!
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    Hopefully it wont be all blue
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    * Size: 4.4 x 2.3 x 0.9 inches
    * Weight: 6.3 oz
    * Battery Type: Removable rechargeable Lithium Ion battery
    * Display: 320x320 Transflective TFT color
    * Expansion Card slot: Yes
    * Multi-connector for add-on peripherals: Yes
    * Integrated wireless access: Bluetooth
    * 5-Way Navigator: Yes
    * Memory: 23MB user-available stored non-volatile memory (22MB multi-lingual)
    * Operating System: Palm OS® 5.4
    * Processor: Intel® PXA270 312 MHz processor
    * One-year manufacturer’s warranty
    Built-in phone, email, messaging, organizer, web, camera, Bluetooth® and more.
    So much more than just talk.

* Compact, full-featured mobile phone works with a variety of service providers and plans
    * Wireless email*
    * Palm OS® organizer
    * Combined text and picture messaging*
    * Wireless web browsing*
    * Built-in Bluetooth® wireless technology
    * Vibrant 320 x 320 Transflective TFT color display supports 65,000 colors
    * Listen to MP3s**
    * Capture and enjoy video clips and digital photos
    * Edit and create Word and Excel files or view PowerPoint documents
    * MultiMediaCard/SD expansion card-compatible
    * Intel® PXA270 processor

* Email, messaging and web access require data services from a mobile service provider at an additional cost. ISP may also be required. Pricing varies by service provider.
    ** Requires expansion card, sold separately.

Visit Software Connection to browse the thousands of applications, in categories from business to games, available for immediate download.
    So BT, faster processor and better screen are the only new features? I'll either get a 600 or the new Imate. This seems like a minor update rather then a whole new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod178
    So BT, faster processor and better screen are the only new features? I'll either get a 600 or the new Imate. This seems like a minor update rather then a whole new phone.
    I have to wonder why folks WITH a 600 would upgrade - however, if one is to get a nonupgrade (that is - a NEW buyer) then this one looks fine.
    so VGA camera, but is there a flash? I've seen posts that say the 2x zoom, but thats it
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod178
    Many here agree with you. Probably why it's the treo 650 and not the 700. You forgot removeable battery, non-volotile memory, new button dedicated call,answer buttons, video recorder, better quality camera, digital zoom, third side button for custom assignment. Me...I'll take one.
    I would rather get the 600 for 200 with a contract through amazon, then spend 500 on the 650, the 200-300 price difference between the two doesnt justify the costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavid
    so VGA camera, but is there a flash? I've seen posts that say the 2x zoom, but thats it
    no flash
    My brother has the SE K700i and it also says VGA. However, it can also do 1280x960. So, VGA might not necessarily mean what u think.
    NICE FIND....
    Was a stumble or a little bird told you?

So it does seem to be the way the Treo600 'should' have been. It seems like an improved Treo600, verse a whole new animal.

The main beefs back in Oct 2003 were
    No Hi-Res (Fixed)
    No BT (Fixed)
    No detachable battery (Fixed)
    No enough phone like (I assume adressed with the new dedicated buttons and hope they fixed the 'hold' bug while there are at it)
    Anyone cache the missing pages?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    NICE FIND....
    Was a stumble or a little bird told you?
    I found the link based on another link that someone else had found Ain't it great how we all work together here! All I did is changed the URL for the Treo 600 link to a 650 and I found it. From what I could tell, there was no direct link at the time.
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    I am disappointed that the 650 is equipped with a VGA cam. I probably will not upgrade!
    I'm hearing conflicting reports about the flash. There better be a got dang flash!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Damn. I want one, but couldn't they at least given us some more memory ? And how much faster is the Intel processor ? That leaves just Bluetooth and 320x320. They better have a huge loyalty discount, or I'm skipping this upgrade in favor of the announced Cobalt phones for mid 2005.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast