Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    the screen is enuf of an upgrade for me. let me have it already.
    You spend enough time looking at your phone to spend hundreds of dollars for a clearer screen?

Interesting...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    the screen....the bluetooth,even though its not 1.2.....and the faster processor are enough for me....out with the old and in with the new
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
    You still can't count on this information. Can you?

The camera could still be a 1.3 MP, right?

The stereo headset issue looks like it has been resolved.
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 10/24/2004 at 10:22 AM.
    I would have bought one, if they had the wifi in it. For me, blue tooth won't make me drop another 500 or 600 to replace my treo 600. They really dropped the ball on tis one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Could it be that I was correct about the VGA camera?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Could be. As LordPhong posted, you will often find references to VGA where the resolution is actually higher. I bet that many people would guess VGA to equal 1024x768, while it is actually 640x480 (thanks for the reference list wahili).

So it could be we are dealing with a marketing dude/dudette that doesn't know what VGA stands for. But the devil's advocate in me suspects this is not the case, and that the camera indeed has the same VGA resolution as the T600. The "upgraded camera" could be in reference to zoom functionality, or perhaps even the nerdy little mirror on the back. In marketing, anything can heralded as an upgrade. One indication that makes me lean that way is one of the posted screenshots of the T650 in camera mode, where the resolution icon is set to 640. You'd think that whomever took that picture would pick the highest possible resolution in the test.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    You spend enough time looking at your phone to spend hundreds of dollars for a clearer screen?

Interesting...
    yes, it is a pda and i use it as such. i am always looking at the screen.

i find it intereresting that you spend a bunch of time on a site discussing a product you dont own made by a company you dont like.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Since there will most likely be no loyalty discount from P1, this upgrade will just not be worth it. Yes, a faster processor would be nice. Yes, a higher res screen would be great. If I do this, I would then HAVE to go out and purchase a bluetooth headset and a bluetooth GPS receiver. So, by the time I'm done "completing" my upgrade, It may cost me almost $800 !!!

I feel betrayed by P1. I have not even considered another brand, waiting for them to just improve on what they've got. Not only have they barely improved this device, but they are releasing a device that not even current in terms of what's in the pipe. They have kept this under very close wraps to achieve just this end. Make us all wait. I even believe they leaked the earlier stuff (possibly the early prototypes as well) so that we all thought the 650 would be better than it is. Weren't the specs posted by seldomvisitor (???) far better than we're seeing as the release date is imminent ?

It used to be that I could brag that I had the best handheld on the planet. This will soon not be the case. I love my Treo, but only because there was nothing better. I can't believe that PalmOne is so short sighted !!!
    Last edited by KKenna; 10/24/2004 at 12:25 PM.
    its all about the phone buttons!
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    Anyone know if it has an upgraded browser? I guess the camera can still be much improved even without it being mega pix. I've never had a palm and I'm getting very excited about purchasing this one. But...32 mb seems incredible. I have made a list of some great software I want but I don't know if I'll be able to use it without removing and installing programs all the time. Will most programs run from a large memory card or do they need to be installed in the main system memory?

Thanks for any info!
    I believe it is the Palm Web Pro which is available now and works much better than Blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    I believe it is the Palm Web Pro which is available now and works much better than Blazer.
    It's Blazer 4.0 which I believe is supposed to be the best of Blazer and Web Pro.
    lets see---broken sony pda, sucky samsung flip phone that does not work, wife has my V600, the new treo will have bluetooth, don't care about the flash, love the palm software, , heard that gsm versions will have EDGE, hopefully comes out at the same time as the Siemens SX 66, wish it were a flip, and it has a good size---i will go for the 650!
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    So, did anyone cache page 1?
    I updated the link to Page 1 to go direct to the .jpg image for the content (the image itself was still there but the page that referenced the image was removed/renamed).
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Not to rub it in or anything, but after I returned several treo 600's I figured I would sell my replacement and wait for the 650. I couldn't wait so I jumped over to PPC and got the hp 6315. After seeing this, I am so happy I made the right choice. BTW, I am not the only one, PPC land is full of recent converts. Palm is making bad choices in their newest releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Not to rub it in or anything, but after I returned several treo 600's I figured I would sell my replacement and wait for the 650. I couldn't wait so I jumped over to PPC and got the hp 6315. After seeing this, I am so happy I made the right choice. BTW, I am not the only one, PPC land is full of recent converts. Palm is making bad choices in their newest releases.

Yeah but the freaking 6315 is brick!
    I was waiting for the 650 and ready to upgrade the day it came out. The initial specs I saw claimed a 400mhz xscale processor, 64mb, 1.3 camera. Now seeing a 312mhz arm processor, 32mb ram and a less than 1.3 camera with no flash. What is palm thinking this isn't a great upgrade. Just improving the screen and adding bluetooth and moving some buttons around, come on Palm. It is not worth $600 to me especially since I just replaced my 600 a week ago with a brand new one. I will be waiting for the new cobalt phones or benq coming out in 05'.
    I wonder if it has the new "Today" screen....
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx
    Yeah but the freaking 6315 is brick!
    HP manages to stuff in it's package BT & Wi-fi & still get the following results:

Treo 600: 4.40" x 2.30" x .90" = 6.3 ounces
    hp 6315 : 4.68" x 2.95" x .73" = 6.7 ounces

What is that saying? I think it goes: the pot calling the kettle black. Something like that.

At any rate, I think the best thing going for the treo is communities such as these and small developers that are responsive to the individual user. That's what I'll miss most. However, Palm really needs to get it's act together or else their biggest positive (it's users), will start looking at other options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    I wonder if it has the new "Today" screen....
    it should, with os 5.4; i've got a zire 72 with 5.2.8 and it's got the new "today" screen. it's really nice to have.
    Well, I have decided to skip the 650. The new screen ,improved keyboard, faster processor, and bluetooth is nice. It just isn't enough to justify to ditch the 600. I'll wait for the Treo 700 or until it has Wifi and Cobalt. See you later PalmRipOff.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast