Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Anyone know if it has an upgraded browser? I guess the camera can still be much improved even without it being mega pix. I've never had a palm and I'm getting very excited about purchasing this one. But...32 mb seems incredible. I have made a list of some great software I want but I don't know if I'll be able to use it without removing and installing programs all the time. Will most programs run from a large memory card or do they need to be installed in the main system memory?

Thanks for any info!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

twas going to be a slam dunk to buy one...now I'll just hold off.
    Quote Originally Posted by PayDay99

twas going to be a slam dunk to buy one...now I'll just hold off.
    Doesn't this look more and more like a solution????
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
    no it doesn't and frankly i'm tired of you linking to it.
    Again: no.
  6.    #26  
    I see your Avatar. Cute, it's Morgan.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    i will not upgrade this time. simply because i can't afford it
    it's gonna be really expensive for buyers here in malaysia. heard that the price would be around RM3,000.00 which is equivalent to US790.00.
    when i bought my Treo 600 in feb this year, the price was RM2,799.00, of course now it is only around RM2,000.00.
    damn !!
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKenna
    Damn. I want one, but couldn't they at least given us some more memory ? And how much faster is the Intel processor ? That leaves just Bluetooth and 320x320. They better have a huge loyalty discount, or I'm skipping this upgrade in favor of the announced Cobalt phones for mid 2005.
    Clock speed is over 2X faster (312 MHz vs the 144 MHz TI processor in the Treo600).

I can tell from your signature that you are a total nerd and apparently proud of it. So no wonder you keep pushing that FUGLY POS brick-phone.
    I have detailed files.
    I thinl some of u should just admit thqt u'll never be happy and shut up... ur annoying! but then again it's thanks to u guys that these companies do innovate. Me, i'm perfectly happy w/ my treo 600 although I may jump on the 650 bandwagon too... it's my favourite device made better.
    Back in Treo land!
    Treo 600 - RIP May 31st, 2005
    Treo 650 - Born June 12th, 2006
    One whole year away from PalmOS! Ahhhh.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPhong
    My brother has the SE K700i and it also says VGA. However, it can also do 1280x960. So, VGA might not necessarily mean what u think.

Display Mode Resolution (pixels)
    VGA 640 x 480
    SVGA 800 x 600
    XGA 1024 x 768
    SXGA 1280 x 1024
    UXGA 1600 x 1200

anything else is interpolation.
    what a hit! not upgrading the camera is a major, major disapointment!

i'd like to still see the GSM specs and hear the announcment monday before i get completely bummed. maybe this is a mistake & somehow we'll get a 1.3 megapixel cam.

boy, w/o the upgraded camera, loyalty upgrade discount, the reasons for me to do this would basically be EDGE. bluetooh, high res, better keyboard are also nice, but i'm not sure that's woth $Sixhundy for me...
    Off to iPhone land...
    From what I can tell from the specs posted, it has an upgraded camera that has the same resolution as the Treo 600 camera. (Upgrading the pixel count is one way to upgrade a camera, but certainly not the only way.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    the reasons for me to do this would basically be EDGE...
    EDGE?

Where did you get that feature from?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I'm hearing conflicting reports about the flash. There better be a got dang flash!

No Flash...
    I won't upgrade if that are the true specifications.
    The only thing that's good about the 650 is the 320x320 screen, I'm not going to use Bluetooth anyway.

So I'm thinking about something else, but I would like to stick with PalmOne. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum
    I won't upgrade if that are the true specifications.
    The only thing that's good about the 650 is the 320x320 screen, I'm not going to use Bluetooth anyway.

So I'm thinking about something else, but I would like to stick with PalmOne. .
    The screen is not the "only" good thing. there may not be enough for you and that's cool, but there is more upgraded than a screen.
    So, did anyone cache page 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    I can tell from your signature that you are a total nerd and apparently proud of it. So no wonder you keep pushing that FUGLY POS brick-phone.
    Yeah, you named yourself the "Treonimator," and you think I'M the nerd????

P.S. Bite me.
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
    the screen is enuf of an upgrade for me. let me have it already.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast