1.    #1  
    My Treo was just sitting in the cradle, and I was doing nothing with it....all of a sudden I noticed it had reset itself, and now it is just sitting at the "Palm Powered" screen and not going anywhere.

I reset it myself again, and same thing....

Anybody seen this before or dealt with it? I am praying I don't have to hard reset!
    Last edited by OpenIntro; 10/23/2004 at 12:23 PM.
    Have you tried a warm reset (reset with pin while holding d-pad up)?
  3.    #3  
    I have now read this thread and have gotten it back up using a "warm" reset, but I can't get the Wireless Mode to turn on! HELP!
    Last edited by OpenIntro; 10/23/2004 at 12:56 PM.
    Wireless mode will not work after a warm reset, only after a regular reset.
  5.    #5  
    lol....so how do I get the wireless mode back?
    After your warm reset try to determine what froze your treo then delete it and all associated files. After that do a regular reset. If you can't figure out what the culprit is do a reset anyway and see if it works.
  7.    #7  
    By regular reset, do you mean a hard reset?

I haven't changed anything on my Treo for some time. It was working for me all last nite and this morning. I stuck it on the cradle to charge, and all hell breaks loose!
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    By regular reset, do you mean a hard reset?

I haven't changed anything on my Treo for some time. It was working for me all last nite and this morning. I stuck it on the cradle to charge, and all hell breaks loose!
    No, I mean sticking something in the reset hole.
  9.    #9  
    When I do that, we are back to the original problem....

The "Palm Powered" screen just sits there....
    When I do that, we are back to the original problem....

The "Palm Powered" screen just sits there....
    Hmmm...Did you run a command to se what the culprit was? (##377 on sprint)
  11.    #11  
    hmmmmm...what do you mean "run a command"?

I am on T-Mobile....but this was originally an AT&T phone I believe....
    sorry.on a sprint phone I can dial ##377 to see what caused the last crash. The command is different for gsm phones. You might want to try deleting an app at a time and trying to restore. If you have a current backup I would just hard reset and restore.
  13.    #13  
    I don't have a "current" backup....I was just thinking about running a backup right now and then doing a hard reset. But iI guess that would bring back the corrupt data? Or maybe not?
  14.    #14  
    And here is an interesting little side note....

I just installed a new file (using hot sync) and I deleted a file as well....and the program that I deleted is still showing up, the program that I installed is NOT showing up! What the hell is going on?!
  15.    #15  
    WOO! Got it working!

I decided to pull out the trusty manual, and it seems that #*377 will show you the crash details....it said a crash occurred while running BeeOnTime (my alarm clock program)

I promptly deleted the program and reset, and things were good again

That program had been pissing me off of late anyways. The alarm wasn't going off at the times I set in the mornings!
    WOO! Got it working!

I decided to pull out the trusty manual, and it seems that #*377 will show you the crash details....it said a crash occurred while running BeeOnTime (my alarm clock program)

I promptly deleted the program and reset, and things were good again

That program had been pissing me off of late anyways. The alarm wasn't going off at the times I set in the mornings!
    Glad to hear you're cooking again!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Hmmm...Did you run a command to se what the culprit was? (##377 on sprint)
    I am having a non-start problem which requires me to do a soft reset in order to start the Treo. I will run this program next time it crashes to see what's the culprit. Thanks Dutch!

p.s. It malfunctioned again this morning but I had already soft reset it. Just read your post but it listed no problems when I ran the test just now.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Update: Just ran the ##377 test and it gave me this reading:

"A crash occurred on 10/31/04 at 7:02 pm while running "Web". Fatal Exception"

In other words, it crashed when I went online. What is there to do now?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre