Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What are your Treo 650 "Must Haves"? Hardware and software?

I'm going to get the 650 as soon as I can. I haven't had a Palm device in a while and have seen some great suggestions on different software. I'm a little curious about hardware, though. I was thinking of getting a 1 GB card for more memory and a carrying case. Beyond that, I don't know what else is really even out there or available, though I'm happily searching around.

What shouldn't I or my Treo live without?
    I must have a Treo 650
    i get the most use out of a program launcher (megalaunch in my case) and AOL for palm. add a few games to keep me busy while on the checkout line at costco, plus SplashID to track all my serial numbers and passwords.

oh, and my personal killer app is intellisync for yahoo, which syncs my online yahoo calendar and address book with the treo so i get tons of reminders of my appointments
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Gotta get a Bluetooth GPS rig for this phone. Gotta get a Bluespoon digital headset for this phone. Gotta get a egrips for this phone. Gotta get a clip case for this phone. Gotta get a bluetooth hub for my computer for this phone. Gotta get a bluetooth enabled BMW for this phone. Gotta get a lot of software for this phone. Gotta get a, a, a, Gotta get a Bluetooth everything for this phone.
    hehe... i already bought the automotive accessory, in my case an '04 prius... a geeky phone for a geeky car
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I don't have a Treo either. I haven't had a Palm since I smashed my m130 in my pocket. This leads me to protecting the Treo. What is best? Is it like the Apple iPod where you buy armor to protect it?

Links would be helpful...
    Either way, I'm getting a cheaper 600 or a new 650 in the next month, so I'm doing my research as well.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Good company!

And I think she is using a 650!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon
    What are your Treo 650 "Must Haves"? Hardware and software?

I'm going to get the 650 as soon as I can. I haven't had a Palm device in a while and have seen some great suggestions on different software. I'm a little curious about hardware, though. I was thinking of getting a 1 GB card for more memory and a carrying case. Beyond that, I don't know what else is really even out there or available, though I'm happily searching around.

What shouldn't I or my Treo live without?
    WHere can you get a 1GB sd card?
    Without question, a foldable keyboard, preferably BT.
    I think I read somewhere that there is a car cradle or holder? Anyone have a link to one?
    aarons12, did you get the 650 to work with the prius? my prius won't connect to my 650. Hoping you'd have better luck
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
    MacUser,

Do a search for "Treo 650" on ebay...you'll see the car cradle pop up in the list.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    Good company!

And I think she is using a 650!!!
    Why yes, she is using it. I can tell by her tummy tattoo.
    Eric

Say it isn't so! If it won't connect to the Prius it has to go back. Ugh.

Then I'll have to decide whether to unconverge or live with the limitations of the PPC-6601

I ordered from P1 and will give mine a try whenever it arrives next week ...

Any more details on what happened when you tried to connect to the prius?

Quote Originally Posted by pshady
    aarons12, did you get the 650 to work with the prius? my prius won't connect to my 650. Hoping you'd have better luck
    What software application must haves?
    KeyCaps
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    Without question, a foldable keyboard, preferably BT.
    No, don't get a BT foldable keyboard! They don't work with the 650.

If you want to go wireless you can get the IR foldable keyboard -- I've been meaning to search over on the accessories board and see what the comments are about it (assuming it worked with the treo 600 as well?).
    I'm going to be the wise-*** that chimes in with "memory upgrade."
    1. Charging Cradle
    2. Car Charger
    3. BT Headset (I'm leaning towards the Moto 810 based on TC research)
    4. A larger SD card (my 256 is too crowded as it is)
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast