Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Curious if I can hot-syc with two different computers..

I sync with my laptop, using ACT! for Palm...all works fine.

When I get home, I'd guess I can't sync with the laptop because the ACT! database is housed on my office network and ACT! for Palm won't be able to access it.

I'd like to be able to sync with my home desktop just for managing add-on software.

How would I do this? Or is there a way to do it on my laptop?
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    If you right-click on the Hotsync systray icon, and select 'Custom', you should be able to turn-off specific conduits, ie ACT!, before you hit the Hotsync option.

I sync with Groupwise when I'm on the office network, and at home, I bypass Groupwise synch by turning off the Groupwise conduit to 'Do Nothing'.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandw
    If you right-click on the Hotsync systray icon, and select 'Custom', you should be able to turn-off specific conduits, ie ACT!, before you hit the Hotsync option.

I sync with Groupwise when I'm on the office network, and at home, I bypass Groupwise synch by turning off the Groupwise conduit to 'Do Nothing'.
    I am trying to sync to Groupwise for my contacts and calendar. I tried the custom menu but, I don't have Groupwise as an option to enable or disable. Could you please tell me how you do it? Thanks
    I've got 2 WinXP boxes - one at work and one at home: and I routinely Hot Sync my 600 on either. Keeps the desktops identical on both.
    - I had one crash a while back and it was only a slight hassle to get the HS re-started. As I recall, I had to set up a fake new user account w. a different name to get the new desktop started - then I added MyName account - & re-synced. Finally, I deleted the FakeUser account.
    - nothing magical.

FWIW: I also use Act! on both computers and floppy sync back & forth daily without problems.

I've just never gotten around to the final step of setting up ActSync for my Treo.