Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I've always heard Sprint sucks...is it better now?
    The service is not as good as Cingular in my area but it's decent. I remember 10 years ago when cellular service was very limited to major towns and highways.

The good news is that Sprint will "roam" on Verizon so from a coverage standpoint it's not so bad if you aren't near a Sprint tower. Data is great - better than GSM IMHO at the moment.

Customer Service is the worst I've dealt with but as long as you are AR about writing down everything that was discussed and with whom you discussed it.....you can always get satisfaction from a C.S. Supervisor in the worst case scenario, albeit my take two or three tries.

But if you want to have a 650 first and they are the first carrier to get one??????
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    i had sprint a couple of years ago and hated it in the new jersey and philadelphia area i went back to them from t mobile a year ago when the 600 came out and i must say the service has been very good hardly ever get dropped calls

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    i had sprint a couple of years ago and hated it in the new jersey and philadelphia area i went back to them from t mobile a year ago when the 600 came out and i must say the service has been very good hardly ever get dropped calls

Fred
    Are you in Southern, Central or Northern NJ area with Sprint? And, how's the pricing on the data/voice plans?
    I live in central and travel north and south as well as Philly and Md my service is very good

Fred
    does sprint roam on verizon for free? and is that all of verizon's network?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkopko
    does sprint roam on verizon for free? and is that all of verizon's network?
    You can add a $5 option to your plan that let's you roam on VZW's network for half your minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    You can add a $5 option to your plan that let's you roam on VZW's network for half your minutes.
    Does this 'plan' have a name? (Sprint just became a possibility)
    Quote Originally Posted by MizVivienne
    Hmmm. It is called Sprint PCS Free & Clear America, but it looks like this option is far less attractive for individuals than for business users. On our business account, we pay an additional $5 per user for the ability to roam for up to half their minutes. For individuals, it looks like this option is $10, and only gives you 50 roaming minutes. Sorry for getting your hopes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MizVivienne
    It's called Free and Clear America for $5 a month. I had it for quite a few months but cancelled it due to lack of use. I don't travel very often and I roamed very little off Sprint's network so it was kind of a waste. If I need the roaming for extended periods then I will activate the Free and Clear America when needed. Too bad the roaming is voice only, if it included data on Verizon's network I'd re-instate Free and Clear America in a heartbeat.
    I have free & clean addon for $5 on a personal account. Added it only 1 month ago.
    Thanks Awesterink & Newterouser. I think I am stuck with Verizon. I travel (fly & drive) quite a bit & don't want one of those $1300.00 horror story bills!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234