Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Any indication as to whether bluetooth will be crippled for Sprint or if you will be able to use it with a gps devices for example. The fact sheet says use it with headsets and syncing to your computer.
    So, the TREO 650 on PalmOnes site, has a Sprint logo on it. Do you think it will ONLY be released for Sprint, first?

Will they phase in other carriers, Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    How can they justify giving us less memory on a supposed Treo upgrade. It went from 28.8 to 22.

more bundled apps?

btw, most of these links come up blank now.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Last edited by scoutbuck; 10/23/2004 at 02:52 PM. Reason: edit the image
    Ricardo Hernandez (ScoutBuck)
    PoderPDA
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    more bundled apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    How can they justify giving us less memory on a supposed Treo upgrade. It went from 28.8 to 22.
    But the figure represents total available space, not how much is left after loading applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbdd
    So, the TREO 650 on PalmOnes site, has a Sprint logo on it. Do you think it will ONLY be released for Sprint, first?

Will they phase in other carriers, Thoughts?

I wanted to make sure this question wasn't lost. Any thoughts or information would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbdd
    I wanted to make sure this question wasn't lost. Any thoughts or information would be great.
    As SV would say, maybe we'll know tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavid
    Any indication as to whether bluetooth will be crippled for Sprint or if you will be able to use it with a gps devices for example. The fact sheet says use it with headsets and syncing to your computer.
    It will be crippled in that they chose to use the 4 year old Bluetooth 1.1 standard and not the newer 1.2 version or 1.2 enhanced.

This is not specific to Sprint though. It will be the same for all versions of the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    All these links including the road show order page show the Treo 600 when I go there...
    Yes, the "inadvertant leak" has been ... ahem ... "corrected".

Uh huh.

You can just see the marketing "wizzes" giggling and dancing.

Wonder if the "buzz generation routine" will work THIS time, though, given that the 650 isn't exciting compared to the 600.

Guess they need a few more shills posting to the message boards that they're gonna buy one BEFORE intro to get that excitement built up!

=======

BTW - the links in this Yahoo post of mine:

-- http://finance.messages.yahoo.com/bb...7051&mid=31192

still work as of 17:10 Saturday...
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 10/23/2004 at 04:12 PM. Reason: added yahoo link
    I am waiting for the 650 like everyone else and I have unanswered questions...

1) Will there be a generic, unbranded GSM version....

2) I think change is good, so when I replace my 600 with a 650, I want a dark case, not silver. Any news?

3) I think change is bad... what connector does the 650 have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartphone Fan
    I am waiting for the 650 like everyone else and I have unanswered questions...

1) Will there be a generic, unbranded GSM version....

2) I think change is good, so when I replace my 600 with a 650, I want a dark case, not silver. Any news?

3) I think change is bad... what connector does the 650 have.
    1. probably, but no one knows
    2. we seen blue and we seen silver
    3. it will be a different connector.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    1. probably, but no one knows
    2. we seen blue and we seen silver
    3. it will be a different connector.
    2) I hope blue will be available for the generic version...

3) different, but does it use the universal connector, the new one on the T5, or a different version not seen before...
    The connector will be the same as the one on the T|T 5. *Supposedly* this is the new standard.
    again......WOOT!!!
    Well, it looks like a pretty safe bet that the camera's VGA, not 1.3 MP. See the "Product Inforfmation" sidebar (which I'd quote by itself if not embedded in a .jpg):

http://67.18.75.158/images/Tech%20Specs/T650_p2.jpg
    Has page one been posted yet?

http://67.18.75.158/images/Tech%20Specs/T650_p1.jpg

Or take a look at the unprotected directories
    http://67.18.75.158/images/
    http://67.18.75.158/images/Tech%20Specs/

- Leo
    The same thing happened with the T5, but it looks like we've lost the remaining Windows 98 users.
    Nice, Leobag!
    Disappointing that damn SPRINT is the only carrier with pics in the directory
    Quote Originally Posted by MizVivienne
    Nice, Leobag!
    Disappointing that damn SPRINT is the only carrier with pics in the directory

Yes, unless you are a "forced" Sprint user such as myself.

neener, neener.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast