1.    #1  
    Ok! So we are all ready and waiting, all the newbs (ME!) know what kinda software to buy, all the pros (treocentalistas!) know what features there gonna get, and everyone has a bad guy to hate (S.V.), and a hero to LOVE(Treo 650).
    So the BIG ? is WHERE will U buy UR 650 and Where should I.!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!

p.s. I'm with Sprint, my contract is up and my birthday was last week.
    Last edited by GiggleBush; 10/23/2004 at 10:03 AM.
    PalmOne.com, Amazon.com, Cingular.com, TMobile.com... in that order.

I am leaning toward going with Cingular as my carrier right now due to my area.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I bet anyone that gets to claim “first in hand” will be getting theirs via “.com”
    Go Internet!
    PalmOne.com will probably be the first to offer them via the web but only be default of their website launch. I'd suggest sticking with any .com that your comfortable with.

I too have a Sprint phone and they ship out of Reno, NV which is close enough...if they have it early.

In my case, it will either be at P1 or Sprint because of contractual commitments of our Enterprise solution....most likely Sprint.com or a Sprint retailer.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I have a feeling that while it will be announced Monday, it won't ship or be in stores for a few weeks.
    Ebay. Probably.
    Although I think it is logical that the Palmone site will release it first on the Net. I still plan to go into the store (probably a Sprint store) and take it for a test drive.

I really love the Treo 600 so I want to be certain that switching to the new model addresses my needs before forking up the $$ without seeing it first. Did the same thing with the T600 and was in agony waiting for my 2 week shipment but that's the way I roll.

Being an Early Adapter has both it's pluses as well as its minuses.

That being said, I will go with the company that offers the best financial incentive.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 10/23/2004 at 06:32 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I will probably be doing the Best Buy route. No additional service plan through them though. Usually one can still get the Sprint mail in rebate along with whatever discounts BB can offer. Plus since I have a B-day coming up soon, I should have quite a few BB gift cards.
    Ollie Townsend III
    http://www.netapex.net
    Quote Originally Posted by NetApex
    Plus since I have a B-day coming up soon, I should have quite a few BB gift cards.
    Same here; Nov. 22nd.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Mine is the 14th, but my mother's is the 22nd as well... Hmmm, geekymom...are you my mommy?! (I didn't even know she could use a computer!)
    Ollie Townsend III
    http://www.netapex.net
    Got my Treo 600 from BB before Palmone shipped them last year. P1 (handspring at the time) had a two week ship. Walked into local BB and there it was. Have no idea if it will be the same this time.
  12.    #12  
    It sounds like BB isn't gonna offer a better PSP than Sprint itself, buuuuuttt maybe they will offer an additonal $50.00 rebate ( along with my 2yr agreement offer ). Soooo the ? becomes, 1. will they have it on day one (Nov 14th or whatever) or will they be delayed and 2. will an online dealer have it sooner with overnight shipping?????, and finally 3. how do I clean up all the drool on my keyboard?
    I'll probably buy directly from Palm as I need an unlocked GSM phone for my world travels. I use AT&T in USA but they only offer locked phones with missing features. See my website for info on this: http://laserphernalia.com/#att and the lawsuit here: http://consumerwatchdog.org/corporate/pr/pr004332.php3
    Its probably between, BB, Sprint directly, PlamOne Directly, or Amazon. Amazon usally has a nice amazon rebate to go along with it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonlTreo
    I'll probably buy directly from Palm as I need an unlocked GSM phone for my world travels. I use AT&T in USA but they only offer locked phones with missing features. See my website for info on this: http://laserphernalia.com/#att and the lawsuit here: http://consumerwatchdog.org/corporate/pr/pr004332.php3
    you might want to edit the gsm band in asia and the rest of the world except canada/usa its 900mhz and not 850
  16.    #16  
    All good recommendations!!!
    Buuut, how can we tell which retailer will have it FIRST??? Do we all need to be hunched over our keyboards pounding away at the internet on Nov.13th at midnight easterntime (USA) or, or, or,or. Is there another option???... I guess not.
    from handspring once they offer upgrade
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    Quote Originally Posted by foe
    from handspring once they offer upgrade
    There is no handspring anymore and palmone may not have a similar program.
    I have a related question. I JUST found out that my Verizon contract is up in May (I think they are trying to pull a fast one on me, but that's another thread). What does anyone think about buying the Treo 650, but not activate the phone until I can do so on Sprint (or whoever carries it first). Can this even be done. I'm broken hearted...I was SURE I was not under any contract, oh well. Thanks for any thoughts (I might even pay to break my contract, but that will hurt too). *#*@!%$(^(@#^