Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have used the treo 300, then the 600 for a year and now I am looking to upgrade. The 600 falls short of the mark in screen resolution and processor speed and there are a multitude of hardware and software bugs. Plus, I have had 4 replacement treo 600s and my 5th is starting to have problems.

The way I see it, the PDA2k (PPC6600 on sprint) is a step up. One big advantage for me is multitasking. Palm still hasnt caught up with that respect. I would like my phone to do instant messaging, mail, SMS, web all at once. The 600 does this ok but application switching is slow and data is lost when you switch apps. The 650 would probably do a little better b/c of the faster processor, but this is still an OS limitation. Who knows if the 650 will be upgradable to cobalt with multitasking. I dont feel like waiting for that.

As far as software, it seems that everything you can do on the Palm you can do on PPC. You just hafta familiarize yourself with the quirks of each system. I have heard a lot of good things about MS Voice Command and I think that will be a big advantage for the PPC6600.

The only disadvantage I can see is the screen resolution (320x320 vs 320x240). But I dont see this as a big difference. The larger screen of the PPC makes up for this loss somewhat. Also, the PPC6600 is slightly larger but still pocketable.
    what is the expected price of the PDA2K from Sprint and when is it expected to be available?
    Talking to a couple of sprint reps I am guessing it will be out within 2 weeks. Most of them said late october and one said Nov 1st. The info is available to the representatives and it says "coming soon". I have no clue about price...

Also, there's no Wi-fi included.... but the treo 650 doesnt have that either =/
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast
    Talking to a couple of sprint reps I am guessing it will be out within 2 weeks. Most of them said late october and one said Nov 1st. The info is available to the representatives and it says "coming soon". I have no clue about price...

Also, there's no Wi-fi included.... but the treo 650 doesnt have that either =/
    And unlike the Treo 650, you can add a WiFi card to a PPC device (even the combo WiFi/Memory cards work).
    Jeff
    Did I miss something? I thought the WiFi SD card would work with the 650.

Carey
    It will not work.
    Regarding price $629 for 6601 (non-camera version). Hope the 6600 has a similar price. Here is a link to the story with the Sprint announcement http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=983.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    Did I miss something? I thought the WiFi SD card would work with the 650.

Carey
    I guess I did miss it:
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/3857644765464166
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123