1.    #1  
    Will PalmOne be doing a pre-sale again where you get a big discount if your a current Handspring user or are we all SOL?
    wow, you're only the 57,900,400,450th person to ask this question...

(How does JOVE choose who to be nice too?)....
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JOV3

Try everyone, it makes you look less obnoxious.

As for the answer... nobody knows yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOV3

I am sorry, I have to agree with him in this case.
    I have detailed files.
    Handspring had let people know beforehand that there would be an upgrade program to the 600. They haven't said anything yet, although they haven't announced it yet either.

Somehow, I don't think PalmOne will be too interested in rewarding users for being loyal to Handspring. Hope I am wrong. I was the last time.
    Do you get an upgrade from your old PDA when Palm comes out with a new one? No. So I am thinking it would be highly unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Do you get an upgrade from your old PDA when Palm comes out with a new one? No. So I am thinking it would be highly unlikely.
    Really? Take a look at http://store.palmone.com/shop/index....goryId=1309886

"Buy any new palmOne handheld. Then mail us your old Palm OS handheld or Pocket PC, and we'll send you a $50 Gift Certificate! Trade In / Trade Up Program - Give us your old handheld or communicator - We'll send you a $50 Gift Certificate."

That looks like a PDA upgrade promo to me.
    hmm, send me your old Treo 600 in working condition, I'll give you $50 for it. Is this what you want to hear?

Quote Originally Posted by oscarc
    Really? Take a look at http://store.palmone.com/shop/index....goryId=1309886

"Buy any new palmOne handheld. Then mail us your old Palm OS handheld or Pocket PC, and we'll send you a $50 Gift Certificate! Trade In / Trade Up Program - Give us your old handheld or communicator - We'll send you a $50 Gift Certificate."

That looks like a PDA upgrade promo to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPete
    hmm, send me your old Treo 600 in working condition, I'll give you $50 for it. Is this what you want to hear?
    I didn't say it was a good deal for Treo600 owners -- I was simply refuting the statement that PalmOne doesn't do PDA upgrade discounts.
    I agree that $50. is nothing as far as an incentive goes. However, I do have an old Philips Velo using MIcrosoft CE sitting in a drawer. Perhaps I can use that.
    You can sell it to a friend or colleague for WAY more than $50.
    But Not Valid on Treo smartphones!

Trade In / Trade Up - Give us your old handheld or communicator - We'll send you a $50 Gift Certificate!
    http://store.palmone.com/shop/index....goryId=1309886
    Just went through yesterdays mail and found a $75 service credit from Sprint for my "old Sprint PCS Phone" Treo 600 by PalmOne. so I guess that answers this question!
    $50 Gift Certificate! They must be smokin! You can probably get 4x that on eBay...
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1
    $50 Gift Certificate! They must be smokin! You can probably get 4x that on eBay...
    LOL, I'ld rather give it away! (Hey that's what you'ld be doing).
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1

The treo isnt in the list of purchasable devices that qulify for a gift certificate