Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5150
    I'm a systems admin & I VPN (Mergic VPN) in to my work & remote control (PalmVNC & MobileTS) the servers.
    I've tried this a while back, and it was fairly slow. Slow enough that I uninstalled them.
    Is your connection fast? (What carrier are you using?)
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland216
    I've tried this a while back, and it was fairly slow. Slow enough that I uninstalled them.
    Is your connection fast? (What carrier are you using?)
    I'm on sprint, & yes it is slow but it sure beats having to go back into work when you are out and about playing.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    a door stop if needed.
    a weapon to throw a muggers.
    something to put between your teeth if your leg is being amputated
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I don't understand why people complain about having to buy software for their Treo 600. They don't expect their desktop to come with software, except for an operating system and, maybe, an office suite (which you are indirectly paying for). I'd rather have the basic operating system and PIM and then buy the software I want than have a bunch of software loaded on the thing which was selected by someone else. I've got my Treo doing just what I want it to do and none of the software cost more than $30.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    That's a lot of things!

What can the (theoretical) TREO 650 do over and above that?
    Well, not much. However, the real issue is that it will take a lot of time and work to get a new 650 to the point where it will do have of what is on this guy's 600 list. The biggest limitation on the 600 is RAM and the 650 has the same limitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924
    I don't understand why people complain about having to buy software for their Treo 600. They don't expect their desktop to come with software, except for an operating system and, maybe, an office suite (which you are indirectly paying for). I'd rather have the basic operating system and PIM and then buy the software I want than have a bunch of software loaded on the thing which was selected by someone else. I've got my Treo doing just what I want it to do and none of the software cost more than $30.
    I agree. I find that the application code that I have purchased for my Treo is a good value. What I hated was that much of the software that I relied upon on my 270 could not be ported to my 600.
    "Find the tempo of a song just by tapping on the screen"

Ok, I used Google to try to find the program for this but as is often the case with Google searches I got a bunch of hits that were for song creation software & such but not this function. BTW, I want to be able to tap in time with the music and have the program measure the tapping tempo as opposed to using a metronome and trying to sync the metronome sound to the song tempo. I've used the metronome approach and it can be pretty tedious. The tap/mesure function could allow you to measure the tempo in just a couple of measures.

Thanks,
    donander.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I had no idea you could get Hannitized on your Treo!

I will admit to the ear scratch implement....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12