Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hey - that's a great idea !

Having CoiceLauncher dial through TAKEphONE.

And it's simple - less than 10 lines of code, and the functionality is there...
    (see www.shsh.com/developers)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hey - that's a great idea !

Having CoiceLauncher dial through TAKEphONE.

And it's simple - less than 10 lines of code, and the functionality is there...
    (see www.shsh.com/developers)

YES YES YES YES YES YES, Please implement these functions PLEASE!!!!!!!!
    Does it require registration before it will actually dial out?
    Maybe I missed something, but it will find the entry, but won't dial. When I manually select the entry, it says I gotta register?
    Seems a bit extreme to pay $25 to test beta and not know it fits my needs.
    Did I miss something?
    RJuhl
    Quote Originally Posted by rjuhl
    Does it require registration before it will actually dial out?
    Maybe I missed something, but it will find the entry, but won't dial. When I manually select the entry, it says I gotta register?
    Seems a bit extreme to pay $25 to test beta and not know it fits my needs.
    Did I miss something?
    If VL is asking a registration key, it means that you have reached the very last step: your command has been recognized and you have confirmed the launch. Launching for good is just a standard PalmOS call... Anyway, next release will allow you to launch the first pattern #001 if you need to be sure that launching is working fine

Jean-Francois.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    OK, I've added the app, set up a phone number by name (say Joe Moe), now how do I activate or call up the app to dial the number?
    Can I get some tech support?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Can I get some tech support?
    In "Preferences" menu, the default setting is 5-way center button. You can change this if you want something else, but let's say this is still your setting. Almost from anywhere, press a long time the center button of your 5-way navigator will bring you to the search page and recording will start instantly (you'll hear the "beep-beep" if your system is enabled). As usual, wait a little second before speaking (for the noise measuring, that's important!) and talk your command. VL will search the best matching patterns and will show the 3 best patterns with the 5-way navigator focused on the best one. If you agree with the pattern, just press the center button to validate.

If you don't want to touch the keyboard *at all*, you can set the "Voice confirmation to accept". Just after VL is repeating the best pattern, a second recording is starting (you hear the "beep-beep" again). Repeat again your pattern, and if it matches twice then the command is launched. This a little bit difficult to use, I will add some better options in a next release.

Hope it answers your questions,
    Jean-Francois.
    I set up one file and it is listed as follows in the program:

Phone
    Andre Work
    And there is a voice pattern listed at the bottom of the program screen
    with the numbers (46) and (317) at the bottom screen

When I activated the Nav button
    I got a chime and I said "Andre Work"
    there are the numbers (38) and (350) at the top
    But it doesn't dial
    Please advise
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I set up one file and it is listed as follows in the program:

Phone
    Andre Work
    And there is a voice pattern listed at the bottom of the program screen
    with the numbers (46) and (317) at the bottom screen

When I activated the Nav button
    I got a chime and I said "Andre Work"
    there are the numbers (38) and (350) at the top
    But it doesn't dial
    Please advise
    You'll notice that the 5-way is focused on the "Search/Launch" icon. If you press the 5-way center button, it will launch the command (I mean: your phone number).

In the new release, you can fully test the application/phone launch for the 1st pattern (#001). With other patterns, you'll have a popup asking for a registration key.

Regards, Jean-Francois.
    Good afternoon,

I am pleased to send you today the new release of VoiceLauncher 0.6.3 beta.

http://treoware.com/VoiceLauncher.prc

New in this release:
    - TAKEphONE integration: just select "TakePhone" as your application to launch and enter the number to dial! I know that many of your are waiting for this to use comma and pauses (and a big thank you to Shimon for his help!)
    - Standard helper integration: select "VLaunch VoiceCall" and your number, it will work with any compatible application (including the standard Phone and TAKEphONE that are both supporting helpers)
    - New automatic launch: in "Preferences" check "Voice confirmation to launch", after the pattern recognition you will see a little counter (bottom left). If you agree with the command just say anything and it will launch the command for good, if you don't want to launch it just say nothing. For obvious reasons, this will only work in quiet surroundings to avoid launching the wrong application/number because of the noise level!
    - First pattern #001 is now fully functionnal if you need to be sure that phone calls launched correctly

One more thing: if you don't want the Phone application to ask you a confirmation before dialing, uncheck the "Require confirmation to dial". So, to sum-up if you want to launch a call with pressing any button: unselect "Require..." and select "Voice confirmation..." :-)

Jean-Francois.
    For the life of me, I cannot get this program to recognize my Jabra 250 bluetooth headset. I've recorded one simple command, "Home" to dial my home phone number. I speak it into the phone, won't work. I speak it into the headset after pressing the button, won't work. Does this program work? what am I missing here?
    I installed Voice Launcher once again with more time to spend with it and still find its recognition accuracy to be so-so. Recorded in a very quiet room and tried in that very quiet room still has it selecting the wrong number to dial, from a short command to a longer, multi-syllable command. "Home" dials home and dials whatever else it wants at times. Is there a secret to this? This occurs also with the competition. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayazo
    For the life of me, I cannot get this program to recognize my Jabra 250 bluetooth headset. I've recorded one simple command, "Home" to dial my home phone number. I speak it into the phone, won't work. I speak it into the headset after pressing the button, won't work. Does this program work? what am I missing here?
    Jabra with dongle is working (and a new release will let you use the headset button without any issue), but bluetooth native mode is not working currently on Treo650. It might not be so difficult to enable native bluetooth support, but I don't have 650 in Europe for tests, and bluetooth part is entirely undocumented by palmOne :-(

Regards, Jean-Francois.
    What wired handsfree are people using with VoiceLauncher? Anyone using a noise-canceling mic? I can't seem to find a good one that will work well on the Treo600.
    Quote Originally Posted by redcap
    What wired handsfree are people using with VoiceLauncher? Anyone using a noise-canceling mic? I can't seem to find a good one that will work well on the Treo600.
    I do use Seidio 2-in-1 and Jabra BT200 non-bluetooth.
    I'm happy with both of them... I've noticed that noise level is the same if the headset is active or in standby mode, I guess it might be because of a noise-cancelling feature?

Cheers, Jean-Francois.

Note: Latest release 0.9.4 supports Jabra and Seidio for specific strange behaviours. Jabra requires re-recording patterns (with the Headset flag set) for best results (probably because of noise-cancelling). Seidio headset works great with your normal (Treo) database.
    Has anyone with both VoiceLauncher and the Seidio 2-in-1 retractable earphones had one earbud stop working? I lost the left channel in the Seidio earbuds, but a 3mm to 2mm adapter with other headphones worked fine. Seidio replaced the earbuds, but I still had the same problem with the new set.

A hard reset solved the problem. After restoring from backup (something I DON'T recommend with the 650 unless necessary) and some trial and error, I found that after disabling VL and resetting, the problem went away. Every time I re-enabled VL the problem came back. Every time I deleted VL and reset, the problem went away.

Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman
    Has anyone with both VoiceLauncher and the Seidio 2-in-1 retractable earphones had one earbud stop working? I lost the left channel in the Seidio earbuds, but a 3mm to 2mm adapter with other headphones worked fine. Seidio replaced the earbuds, but I still had the same problem with the new set.

A hard reset solved the problem. After restoring from backup (something I DON'T recommend with the 650 unless necessary) and some trial and error, I found that after disabling VL and resetting, the problem went away. Every time I re-enabled VL the problem came back. Every time I deleted VL and reset, the problem went away.

Weird.
    Can you tell me in which position is your switch on your headset?
    I will have a look as soon as possible and will let you know...

VoiceLauncher 0.9.16 is now available
    This is a really major update
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    Can you tell me in which position is your switch on your headset?
    I will have a look as soon as possible and will let you know...
    My headset doesn't have a switch - a button, but no switch. Here's what I have:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...RSOVTR650%2DSL

Just updated to ver. 0.9.17 and it still does the same thing. Thanks.
    My headset doesn't have a switch - a button, but no switch. Here's what I have:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...RSOVTR650%2DSL

Just updated to ver. 0.9.17 and it still does the same thing. Thanks.
    Im' curious: How do you switch mp3/handfree modes?

Anyway, can you go in preferences and try checking/unchecking "Enable headset to play sounds", and let me know if it makes a difference?

Regards, Jean-Francois.

Note: 0.9.18 is available and fixes the counter issue for Treo650 (countdown was not starting for automatic/instant launch)
    Last edited by JFMw; 02/07/2005 at 04:58 AM.

Weird.
    Problem is now fixed in 0.9.22 (available at mytreo.net).
    Sorry for this (silly) issue
    anyone have any idea why when i installed voide launcher 1.02 i got an error message saying it would only run on treo devides. i thought the 650 was a treo, but what do it know?
    Gary L. Henkel
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast