Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What's the chances of Tmobile getting the 650 before the end of the year?
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    What are the chances of Hell freezing over?

http://www.talisman.org/~erlkonig/hu...lfrozeover.jpg

giggle.
  3.    #3  
    Actually I was hoping for an answer from someone who is a little more "enlightened"...sorry SV, but that doesn't seem to fit your profile!
    Do you feel better now, kookums?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Hell has frozen over!!! The Red Sox beat the Yankees!!!!!!!!! Watch out for locusts and sudden tidal waves!!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    What are the chances of Hell freezing over?
    Actaully...pretty good! I live just a few miles from there (Hell, MI) and I can tell you for a fact, it freezes over every winter!

...but I'm not sure how that applies to my question???
    There goes SV running is mouth again, your a real *****. Go have fun on Howard Stern's Fourm and leave serious-informative talk to this board. Why don't the mods do something about this joker. Enought is Enought.

T-Mobile probably will not have the 650 until February. This is just a quess but with the Ipaq just released one month ago, I did not see them taking away sells from the Ipaq anytime soon. I have heard that that T-Mobile is having trouble with the Ipaq but I am not sure the extent of the problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    Not likely, IMO. I am waiting for a chance to grab an unlocked unit as soon as they are available.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Not likely, IMO. I am waiting for a chance to grab an unlocked unit as soon as they are available.
    Remember though.. the true unlocked ver did not come out til the same time as the T-Mobile Treo 600. Though if I had been a smart nerd I would have bought the Cingular ver that was released unlocked!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Remember though.. the true unlocked ver did not come out til the same time as the T-Mobile Treo 600. Though if I had been a smart nerd I would have bought the Cingular ver that was released unlocked!
    You are right. And that is exactly what I did; I bought a Cingular version after reports surfaced of it being unlocked.
  11.    #11  
    Thank you for all the educated responses. I'll probable call TMobile on Monday (assuming PalmOne has made an announcment by then). Even if they know something now, they probaly can't say. I'm with TMobile now, but on an expired contract. May switch to Cingular if they get the 650 first...or may just stick it out with my current Nokia 3650 and wait for the Cobalt Treo's (wish there was more info on this "family" of Treo's...maybe they'll surprize us on Monday!
    i'm on t-mo too, but hopefully someone will have a unlocked version.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I bought the 600 through CIngluar last November. It was unlocked, and I have used it on TMo ever since.
    I'm patient and willing to wait for the 650 until it is carried by T-Mobile. I purchased my 600 from them and have had no problems with mines. Look at all the complaints from the 600 users with Sprint. Usually phones that just come out have software issues or bugs.

Anyway, maybe by the time the Treo 650 is available for T-Mo. There will be info on the Treo 700 with Colbalt, built-in WiFi, UTMS enabled, and GPS.

T-Mobile Rocks!
    Don't count on it. No word has been released from t-Mobile yet about the 650. We all know how slow to adopt new phones T-Mobile is and I highly doubt that they will put ANY competition out for their new Blackberry 7100t (Total piece of junk)

As previously mentioned more then likely it will hit around feb or so again, just in time for the beginning of the new fiscal year for companies but not soon enough to discourage sales of the blackberry line or the current T600 line.
    Quote Originally Posted by zrs70
    I bought the 600 through CIngluar last November. It was unlocked, and I have used it on TMo ever since.
    I don't see how people can buy a phone through one carrier (Cingular), and use it on another carrier (T-Mobile) without paying the monthly fee for 1 yr to Cingular. Or do you actually have 2 monthly fees for the 2 carriers?
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Guess another option is to just pay to break the contract?
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    Guess another option is to just pay to break the contract?

tech,

handspring sold "cingular" phones at discounted rate to "loyal" customers. when you bought the phone, you didnt have to sign up for a new contract.

so, you buy the phone and you could use the phone with what ever gsm carrier you wanted because it was unlocked.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    There goes SV running is mouth again, your a real *****. Go have fun on Howard Stern's Fourm and leave serious-informative talk to this board. Why don't the mods do something about this joker. Enought is Enought.
    *his, *you're, *Forum, *Enough, *Enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    *his, *you're, *Enough, *Enough.
    HAHAH!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast