1.    #1  
    Seidio is releasing the GSM version of the G2500 Car Kit for Treo 600!

The Seidio G2500 Car Kit allows users to drive in complete comfort. You can listen to GPS commands or audio books through the built-in amplified speaker. This car kit is also used as a hands-free speakerphone while driving.

The Seidio G2500 Car Kit provides you with these added benefits:
    • Model specific - Simply slide your Treo600 into the mount without having to plug in additional wires and cables.

• Integrated speaker with volume control – Improves sound output from your Treo 600 as well as the ability to be used as a speakerphone while driving.

• GPS ready – Plug the optional GPS wired receiver directly into the cradle for charging and connect it to the Treo600 to eliminate expensive Y-cables.

• DC Out port – An additional port for charging your cellular phone or additional PDA using the Add-On Charging Cable.

• DC power - Supplied either from the cigarette lighter socket or the unit can be hard-wired directly into the car’s electrical system (12V – 24V).

• There are two extra audio jacks available on the cradle:

o Audio out jack for an earphone or headphones.
    o External microphone jack – Plug in a microphone for hands-free operation.

• Switch available on the cradle to allow easy selection of either “hands-free mode” or “MP3/GPS” mode.

• 360 degree swivel adaptor - Ensures maximum driver/passenger readability and viewing.

• Mounting solutions - With the pedestals included, users can mount their Treo 600 in a variety of ways based on their personal preference or vehicle interior.

For more information about this product, please visit: http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...=CK9AG25MTR600
    Attached Images Attached Images
    is it a new G2500 on the picture ?
    (did you receive my email ?? i've been trying to send one to you for one week but got an error message each time !)
  3.    #3  
    Hi Fortin,

Yes, it is the new G2500 on this picture.

Seidio
    Hello,

I have the Seidio G2500 for TREO 600 and a Haicom HI-204S GPS Receiver with Seidio's adapter cable to hook the Haicom to the G2500.

Quick question:

If I hook the Haicom GPS Receiver to the G2500 with your adapter cable, does this charge the Haicom, or to I have to charge the Haicom separately?

Regards,
    Eric
    One more question, does anyone know whether the G2500 will work with the Treo 650?
    Hello Everyone!

Well here's my assessment after using my Seidio G2500 car kit with my Treo 600 (& Verizon) for about a month: I must say that I am very happy with the Seidio. It integrates seamlessly with my 600, it's a tight fit, and seems to be constructed pretty well.

Also, I just got a HaiCom HI-204S GPS receiver and am using it with the Mapopolis Navigator software. The HaiCom plugs right into the G2500 with a Seidio adapter cable. The cable not only hooks the 600 to the GPS, but I found also charges the GPS at the same time. Since we apparently don't have the luxury of BlueTooth with the 600, the Seidio really helps to cut back on wire clutter by integrating the GPS to PDA link and GPS charger into a single cable.

The Seidio car kit has really helped make my 600 a very convenient tool in the car, where I spend a lot of my time. I highly recommend it. The only place for improvement that I can note is that the hands free speaker (for phone calls) could be a little better sound quality. Of course there is always the option, with the Seidio's audio out jack, to hook the unit up to my car stereo speakers, but I'm not that ambitious!

Hope this info is useful,
    Eric
    I have 2 headsets from Seidio, from which I 'm very happy, and received my g 2500 last week.
    Unfortunately, it looks they do not work together. The 2 jacks (Audio out and External microphone jack) seem separated, and an adaptor connecting to both plugs should be necessary to use them. Too bad, I would have loved to connect (and charge the dongle) my brand new G2 on the G2500...
    I think the GPS plug should be located on the bottom of the device. I use a PS2 adaptor, as the wire is heavy, the plug suffers from the weight and should be quickly fragilized...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayenberg
    I have 2 headsets from Seidio, from which I 'm very happy, and received my g 2500 last week.
    Unfortunately, it looks they do not work together. The 2 jacks (Audio out and External microphone jack) seem separated, and an adaptor connecting to both plugs should be necessary to use them. Too bad, I would have loved to connect (and charge the dongle) my brand new G2 on the G2500...
    I think the GPS plug should be located on the bottom of the device. I use a PS2 adaptor, as the wire is heavy, the plug suffers from the weight and should be quickly fragilized...
    Hi Wayenberg

G2500 does not work with G2, however, G2100H will. There is a DCout port on our G2500 or G2100 car kit, which can be used to charge the dongle with the optional cable.

We will consider moving the GPS plug to the bootm on our new generation of GPS car kit. However, so far, we have not experienced any problem with GPS plug because of the GPS wire yet.

Thanks

Seidio