1.    #1  
    So I hear the Treo 600s have some major reliability issues. If I buy a Treo 600 from my service provider (T-mo) today, and it breaks in 6 months, will I get a free upgrade to the Treo 650?
    Doubtful, since they will still be selling the 600s
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    doubt it
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    Quote Originally Posted by qweewq11
    So I hear the Treo 600s have some major reliability issues. If I buy a Treo 600 from my service provider (T-mo) today, and it breaks in 6 months, will I get a free upgrade to the Treo 650?
    I wouldn't worry about buying a 600 as long as it's a unit outside the ESN range known to have problems. I don't think you'll get one in that range when purchasing a brand new device, manufacturing changes were supposedly made, and there are many 600 owner's who've had no problems. Unfortunately for me, every replacement/refurb I've had has been within the bad ESN range, supposedly repaired... but I'm now on my 6th handset.

Do a search here on TC for the "network search" problem and you should have no problem locating those numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    I wouldn't worry about buying a 600 as long as it's a unit outside the ESN range known to have problems. I don't think you'll get one in that range when purchasing a brand new device, manufacturing changes were supposedly made, and there are many 600 owner's who've had no problems. Unfortunately for me, every replacement/refurb I've had has been within the bad ESN range, supposedly repaired... but I'm now on my 6th handset.

Do a search here on TC for the "network search" problem and you should have no problem locating those numbers.
    That's for CDMA phones (Sprint/Verizon)...doesn't apply to GSM phones if qweewq11 is going with T-mobile
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    GSM do not have ESN I do not think. They do not have the network search issue I know. You will most likely not get upgraded. I did, but I bought a CDMA and got lucky Best Buy treated me that well. I would not get my hopes up too high.

Lonzo
    Nope, I'm sure they'll have replacement 600's for you even if the device was at the time recently discontinued. T-Mobile holds a stock of refurbished units for replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Nope, I'm sure they'll have replacement 600's for you even if the device was at the time recently discontinued. T-Mobile holds a stock of refurbished units for replacement.
    usually carriers stock refurbs for at least a year. besides i dont think the 600 is at EOL anyway.
    i bought a treo300 in july of 02 and a few weeks ago when it finally gave out i got a refurbished 300, so i doubt it.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    After 6 months, my original GSM Treo 600 had trouble locking onto a signal. Just sitting in its dock the number of radio bars would vary wildly and it would go from AT&T (my carrier) to Cingular and back again. The phone they replaced it with would turn its radio off at random times, but more often when I 'shocked' it by snapping it into its cradle or into my ProClip holster. The third one seems to be stable so far.

I don't think I quite answered the question, but my guess is you won't get a 650 if your 600 bites the dust.