1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to get images from your computer and have them show up in Picures app? Does this work on a PC? I have a Mac. Install only allows jpegs to external card even though there are other images (including camera) are on the main device. The droplet to move files doesn't copy them. I can convert to an older image format but that's not seen by picture, only by some older apps. When newer apps are installed they can load jpegs that are part of their package.

MMS doesn't work for me. (i'm on verizon) I'm unable to send or recieve with it.
    Snapper doesn't download images correctly
  2.    #2  
    I've found that I can move jpeg files over using Splash Photo. They show up to Splash and to grxView but no other viewer. I then have to select and image and try to mail it from SpashPhoto using Snapper. When in Snapper I can click on the attached filename and open in Picture which now adds the image to it's list and now makes it available to such things as the caller ID photo. There has to be a simpler way or app to do this. Any suggestions?
    A bit off point perhaps, but does anyone out there know of a freeware bitmap viewer for the Treo 600?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    there's this cool freeware utility called vikao, you can download it at www.mytreo.net
    Why don't you simply put the images into the /DCIM directory of your memory card. If you need to then move them into RAM then do a "Move" command in the pictures app.

Snapper downloads images fine. Mac on the other hand sends weird attachments... for every image you send it spawns 2 files of the same filename - only the second JPEG file is a valid image, the first file is an AppleMail file (you can check this by click Properties on the attachment).
    Still looking for a simple freeware program that will show bitmap images on the Treo. Any suggestions?
    I don't suppose you've tried putting a JPEG into the Transfer folder in your treo-pictures profile folder?

C:\Program Files\Handspring\Treo Pictures\{profile name}\Transfer

That should copy the pictures across and you can see them in the camera app, and set them as contact pictures.
    Goldfish

The guy who does everything sdrawkcab!!!
    I haven't had problems with Snapper and attachments on my Mac.

I use RescoView for fast viewing.
    Still looking for a simple freeware program that will show bitmap images on the Treo. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    Is there anyway to get images from your computer and have them show up in Picures app? Does this work on a PC? I have a Mac. Install only allows jpegs to external card even though there are other images (including camera) are on the main device. The droplet to move files doesn't copy them. I can convert to an older image format but that's not seen by picture, only by some older apps. When newer apps are installed they can load jpegs that are part of their package.

MMS doesn't work for me. (i'm on verizon) I'm unable to send or recieve with it.
    Snapper doesn't download images correctly

I don't know about macs, but on PC's all you have to do is copy pics into the transfer folder in the Treo Pictures folder on your desktop. Then the pics are automatically transfered into the image_lib file in Ram that is accessed by the Treo Picture app...very simple...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here

Ummm... VFSi

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Gracias, gfunkmagic, but do you need a plugin with this or will the program itself do the trick? In the past I tried it but would not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Gracias, gfunkmagic, but do you need a plugin with this or will the program itself do the trick? In the past I tried it but would not work.

You have to install the main app and the appropiate plugins. In you case the 'VFSi BMP plugin' and perhaps the 'VFSi SW JPEG Plugin (ARM)' if you like. I personally use it to view txt files using the text plugin...

Gfunkmagic, yes, this works well. Thanks so much for info. By the way, do you know what the pluggin SysZLib does VFSI application?