Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all, as I said I work at Best Buy and I have been waiting for the Treo650 just like the rest of you. Well today I came across some very cool infromation. We can stop speculating about the Treo 650's release date because I have the inventory sheets from work. They have the instock date as November 14 and it states October 15 as the day it went into our system.
    The seeling price will be 649.99 the PSP is covering it as a PSP instead of a phone so buy it, I know I am even though it has changed on the phones which has angered me as it has many.

Thanks
    "Could I have been anyone other than me"
    -Dave Matthews Band"
    nice one
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    please dont say psp in my presence...
    happy as a kid on christmas morning
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    right it should also have a $50 at register rebate
    and $100-$150 rebate from sprint for new users signing 1-2 year contracts
    Woot!!!!
    just sprint or the gsm as well?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    It will be just Sprint.

ferminsaldana, will you either take a screenshot (alt+printscreen) and print it, or take a physical photo of the screen. That release date is nothing new, as Dutchtrumpet posted it last week and I, with my Treo 600, took a really crummy picture of the screen as well and confirmed this date. I would like to be able to look at the dimensions and whatnot a little closer.

Lonzo

BTW Wahili I think you can still do the class action lawsuit. My case is a perfect example of shannigans. Why were you not afforded the same luxory I was?
  9.    #9  
    These are the pics you asked for. This is the inventory sheet from Best Buy...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Dave Matthews Band"
    Quote Originally Posted by ferminsaldana
    These are the pics you asked for. This is the inventory sheet from Best Buy...
    The UPC code in photo one does not compute - no such product, no such manufacturer.

-- http://www.upcdatabase.com/item.pl?upc=400069200951

========

For example, here's the Zire entry:

-- http://www.upcdatabase.com/item.pl?upc=805931008343

and when you click on the Manufacturer you get:

-- http://www.upcdatabase.com/list.pl?t...r&which=805931

(no T5 entry but manufacturer still Palm - 805931013187)
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 10/22/2004 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Added Zire stuff et al
    According to http://www.upcdatabase.com/ the database is run by one guy and some other volunteers. It far easier to see why they wouldn't have had a chance to include an unannounced product with no public UPC number (until now) than it is a bogus number.

Furthermore, according to the link you provided there's PalmOne Treo 600. To me that totally invalidates this website as being COMPLETE with all UPC numbers for all products.

It just means that the guy hasn't gotten around to adding them.
    True enough, however the manufacturer code is also incorrect.

[however, you appear to be taking my post in some form of negative manner way beyond what it should be taken as - it merely says "I looked up the UPC and something's not right". As you should have done]
    They have the instock date as November 14

Thanks

Alas, the Best of Buy merchant shall be behind the curve.
    Does this mean that we won't get a carrier offering the T650 before then Nov. 15....I can't stand the wait any longer. I can barely wait until Monday....how childish can I get????
    Forgive me from being dumb, but that does PSP mean?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    it means Poor Sucker Psha!!!!!!!!!!!
    actually its a service plan from best buy that in theory according to the reps anyway should let you upgrade your phone in store or get a new one in store, and they dont do either in any case except 1 that i know of.
    Last edited by wahili; 10/22/2004 at 09:35 AM.
  17.    #17  
    actually it does exist I was going to cross it out on both but I only did on one. That is for security reasons and so that I cover my own **** if anyone else works at best buy and want to find a way to get me in trouble because of the info. THe only way the UPC will come up is if it on sale anywhere in right now which it's not. Thanks again treo people. Oh yeah it will be for SprintPCS...
    -Dave Matthews Band"
    The seeling price will be 649.99 the PSP is covering it as a PSP instead of a phone so buy it, I know I am even though it has changed on the phones which has angered me as it has many.

Thanks
    You mean the PSP treats the device as a PDA instead of a phone, right? If so, does BB handle the exchange directly, or will you refer us to Sprint? Can you clarify this further? Thanks.

I'm really weary of the BB PSP after hearing all the bad experiences on this forum, but personally I've had positive experiences w/ the PSP.
    <snip>... We can stop speculating about the Treo 650's release date because I have the inventory sheets from work. They have the instock date as November 14 and it states October 15 as the day it went into our system. <snip>
    Thanks
    Excellent news Ferminsaldana! Thank you for posting what you found
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I called my best buy saying that someone else got honored and they just continued denying the existence of the possibility that any rep ever said i could upgrade, or that anyone has ever upgraded in the past.

His lying made my head want to explode. Are u telling me as a manager of the store you didn't know thats how your PSPs were sold?

I will never buy a PSP again because whats good today is gone tomorrow.

If you want to check, just call your best buy and pretend you have a phone needing replacement. they will refer you to a 1800 number. if you have a coupla hours to kill you can stay on hold with them and if your device is under a year old they then tell u to go into a sprint store.

my advice. just get sprint insurance for a few bucks a month. that way you have your handspring warranty and sprint warranty because without in store replacement at best buy which has been abolished, why pay extra. it doenst even cover lost or stolen like the sprint insurance does.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast