Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Some board stirrers would like you to do that so that only the uninformed could see their stirrings while the informed sit back not knowing that silly manipulations of half truths are being posted.

I prefer to see it all.
    hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by ferminsaldana
    It's ok becasue even though I work full time I also go to college full time. I work hard and usually it's not recognized people think because I work at best buy becasue I don't go to school but it pays the rent. Don'y worry about anything, but I do take pride in my job.
    You know what? That was a very gracious response to a seeming joke that cut the line pretty close to socially ding-dong-ish. And it's great that you take pride in your job - everyone should. I think it is tempered responses like yours that make a bulletin board bearable by keeping in mind that the medium is often full of open interpretation and misunderstandings.

And hell, I'm an attorney and I wish I worked at Best Buy just so I could get a discount on my 650.

Tibby.
    I think everyone should ignore him and not reply at all, especially since his signature suggests that you may want to ignore him anyways!

I guess he's attention-starved, too bored at work, etc...

That's all I'll say on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Saying "Wait til Monday" in response to pure rumor is not negative whether you or anyone else would like to characterize it as such.
    Sometimes it's not what is said, but how it's said. (Statement may not be negative, per se; however, tone may be).
    Quote Originally Posted by GroverCleveland
    You are correct. Seldom's voice in this candid discourse of likeminded persons seems a bit shrill. Noting the number of posts Seldom has, the gentleman seems to have some free time and an axe to grind
    Maligning a colleague in public is not the sort of discourse gentlemen engage in?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    this is when you know the 650 is imminent. everyone is so worked up into a feeding frenzy that we are now all turning amongst ourselves out of pure frustration.

But like a wise man said...

"...it don't matter where we all came from - becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place - da punani. Jah bless - bigupyaself Harvard...and keep it real... wesside."

~Ali G at the Harvard 2004 Commencement Speech
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon
    You know what? That was a very gracious response to a seeming joke that cut the line pretty close to socially ding-dong-ish. And it's great that you take pride in your job - everyone should. I think it is tempered responses like yours that make a bulletin board bearable by keeping in mind that the medium is often full of open interpretation and misunderstandings.

And hell, I'm an attorney and I wish I worked at Best Buy just so I could get a discount on my 650.

Tibby.
    Actually that's kind of cool because i'm studying and going to school for law. Thanks for the reply.
    "Could I have been anyone other than me"
    -Dave Matthews Band"
    lol @ all the people getting emotional over SV's posts.
    When I starting reading this thread I was in TreoCentral. I have no idea where I am now... Can a Mod close this please?
    We are in TC. We are killing time waiting for any T650 info, just chatting, and trying to have a nice time. Nothing to serious, nothing earth shaking. Just Good'ol T650 boys with a minute to waist now and agian.

This is the only game in town right now. Please don't close it. I like these guys and this is fun.
    Seldom,

I don't want to "ignore" you because "sometimes" (every now and then) you have something to say or an interesting link to post. Just try taking a little more positive approach - that is all I am saying. Sometimes your negative approach gets on my nerves as with many others on this board. Rather then just telling you to go **** yourself, I thought I would just bring it up in a respectful and mature manner.

Telling people to go **** themselves doesn't really accomplish much but p*ss them off.

If that is your goal...then I would suggest you just move along.
    Yep. Just stopped by my local Best Buy today to price check an SD card (totally forgetting this thread, that is until I walked by the cell phone counter). I asked one of the guys when they're going to get the Treo 650 for Cingular (because they were the first ones to get the GSM Treo 600) and he said probably not for about 6 months, I then asked him about the Sprint Flavored Treo 650 and he said in about a couple of weeks. Woo, I feel like I'm in the "in" crowd now ("in" crowd meaning the crowd that harrasses Best Buy employees for Treo 650 info....haha)

TheHandlessKing
    Seldom,

Watch your language, swearing is not condoned here, same goes for flaming, trolling and personal attacks.

The ignore button does not apply for mods and staff ...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123