Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wahili,
    Love the BL graphic. A smile a day! Thanks!
    PS. I don't feel the same way, but I understand, and enjoy.
    hahah you work at best buy.. get a real job..

(i'm only kidding, please dont take too much offense)
    if you don't want him to take offense...then don't say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW

How should he take it, then? Should he be just a little offended?

What could possibly motivate you to make a post like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    True enough, however the manufacturer code is also incorrect.

[however, you appear to be taking my post in some form of negative manner way beyond what it should be taken as - it merely says "I looked up the UPC and something's not right". As you should have done]
    Give it up, SV/Hengeem. The Treo 650s are coming!!!
    Humor is the art of identifying that, which is sad and needs group commiseration. We point out the things that are painful so that we can add the balm of community laughter. This is called teasing. And that is why he made such a post.
    The trick is to not cause laugher when doing so will increase instead of alleviate the pain. It is a hard line to walk. I think LouisW walked it well, but the responses from dutchtrumpet and MHR would indicate that his teasing might have been too close to home for some. Never the less at least I got that it was intended as good natured teasing.
    In text only discussion groups teasing is hard to pull off. Teasing normally needs voice inflection, body language and facial expressions to communicate the intent. That is why the Internet has adopted the use of similes.

Maligning a colleague in public is not the sort of discourse gentlemen engage in
  8.    #28  

It's ok becasue even though I work full time I also go to college full time. I work hard and usually it's not recognized people think because I work at best buy becasue I don't go to school but it pays the rent. Don'y worry about anything, but I do take pride in my job.
    "Could I have been anyone other than me"
    -Dave Matthews Band"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Give it up, SV/Hengeem. The Treo 650s are coming!!!
    Anyone who doesn't by now believe the 650 is coming soon must be one of those people who'd believe far fetched conspiracy theories rather than simpler explanations. That is, someone who doesn't know or believe in the principle of Occam's Razor.
    Wait til Monday.

Then believe "soon" or not as appropriate.
    Wait til Monday.

Then believe "soon" or not as appropriate.
    No, I won't. I will continue to believe it's coming soon, with or without "Monday".

Remember when some people did the same thing around the time the 600 was being released? Did that uncertainty and slight delays in release make a difference in its adoption and block-buster status? Nope. It won't here either.

So, give it a rest. You are splitting hairs in the most irrelevant fashion.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    "Joy to the world, the 650 has come,
    Let Earth receive her phone..."
    Seldom,

I have been reading this board for quite a while now. I really can't figure you out. You appear to have some interest in PalmOne...but really no interest in the Treo itself.

Every post you make is so negative (be it to Palm, the Treo or an actual poster). Do you ever have something positive to say about anything?

I am not trying to start a flame war, but earlier in the post you asked about why someone was taking your post so negatively.

Simple: Negativity brings more negativity.

I don't have in issue with debating the merits of Palm and the Treo with people that don't feel the same way as I do, but a little different approach might make a big difference.
    You have accepted the poster-bashers' characterizations of my posts as The Truth.

Saying "Wait til Monday" in response to pure rumor is not negative whether you or anyone else would like to characterize it as such.

So cut it out.

Or, if you don't like it, click on the link below and I'm gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Seldom,

I have been reading this board for quite a while now. I really can't figure you out. You appear to have some interest in PalmOne...but really no interest in the Treo itself.

Every post you make is so negative (be it to Palm, the Treo or an actual poster). Do you ever have something positive to say about anything?
    Some people do that for monitary gain. I have no idea whether SV fits in that category or this is just a hobby of his.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Seldom,

I am not trying to start a flame war, but earlier in the post you asked about why someone was taking your post so negatively.

Simple: Negativity brings more negativity.

I don't have in issue with debating the merits of Palm and the Treo with people that don't feel the same way as I do, but a little different approach might make a big difference.
    You are correct. Seldom's voice in this candid discourse of likeminded persons seems a bit shrill. Noting the number of posts Seldom has, the gentleman seems to have some free time and an axe to grind
    You have accepted the poster-bashers' characterizations of my posts as The Truth.

Saying "Wait til Monday" in response to pure rumor is not negative whether you or anyone else would like to characterize it as such.

So cut it out.

Or, if you don't like it, click on the link below an I'm gone!
    How about you "CUT IT OUT", your getting on everyone's nerves.
    Just click on his signature link to ignore his posts, people!
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunkie
    Just click on his signature link to ignore his posts, people!
    Some board stirrers would like you to do that so that only the uninformed could see their stirrings while the informed sit back not knowing that silly manipulations of half truths are being posted.

I prefer to see it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    board stirrer
    Yes, saying rumor becomes fact on Monday is horrible - how DARE that scoundrel state such a thing! And he did it more than ONCE!

Goodness!

I prefer to see it all.
    Me, too.

But it's nice to have the option!

And it's EASY! Just clickety-click and I'm outta here!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast