Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If u guys have viewed the post i did about "everthing u wanna know about the Treo 650" it was from a DRAFT from the Product Manager from Sprint. On the 20Th he posted the FINAL DRAFT on Sprint's Intranet site. This is a sure sign that it is coming soon. dont believe me? Read the following.

SEBU Device Approval Date: October 22, 2004
    "The Device Approval Date is the date SEBU sends a signed letter to the manufacturer, approving the handset. "Approval" means the handset has recieved Hardware and Software Certification and is ready for shipment Sprint. Please check with your regional materials or logistics manager for the latest device and accessory availabilty, anticipated shipments from the vendor, and availability for diatrubution."

Also the Draft version had no picture of the phone. The final version does!!!

NOT LONG NOW!!!

Basics
    Large Full Color Screen - Vivid 1.84'' TFT dsplay with 65k colors
    Digital Dual Band - This device operates within the CDMA frequency bands of 1900mHz digital and 800Hz digital
    Standard Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery - Provides up to 5 hours continuous talk time or over 2 weeks continuous digital standby time.
    Services

Supports select Sprint Pcs Vision applications - This smart device supports Sprint PCS Business Connection, Sprint PCS Video Mail, Sprint PCS Picture Mail, Messaging, and access to the web.

Supports Sprint PCS Picture Mail and Video Mail - Share i when it happens. The Built-in camera (with video capability) allows you to capture memories anytime, anywhere, and instantly share them with colleagues, friends, or family when on te Sprint Nationwide PCS Network. Upload pictures and videos to the Pictures Web Site (pictures.sprintpcs.com) to create albums and send them to any working e-mail address.

Supports SMS Text Messaging - Instantly send and receive SMS Text Messages across the room or across the country. It's th coolest way to talk, without the talk.

Features
    Palm OS 5.4 - With 32 Mbytes (23 Mbytes available for end user storage), and and SD I/O Expansion slot, this device allowsyou the freedom to store thousands of contact entries and productively manage your work and life while on the go.

Built-In Camera and Camcorder - Shoot digital pictures with the built-in VGA-quality camera with flash and up to 2x digtal zoom capability: includes a mirror for self portraits. Utilize the camcorder capability to capture up to 15-second videos to share with family and friends.

Familar Palm OS Productivity Tools - This software includes the standard offerings, such as Calendar, Contacts, Memo and Tasks. Additional value-added offerings are built-in, including a Battery Monitor, Real Player, Calculator, Security and World Clock.

Microsoft Outlook Exchange Sync - The conduit included with the Treo 650 installation CD allows for direct coporate email synchronization with Microsft Outlook Exchange, and the ability to sync your contacts, appointments, and task list quickly and easily.

Downloadable Applications - Handandgo-enabled. CD includes the Sprint PCS Software Store provided by Handandgo, an intelligent on-device catalog of applications and digital media. Customers can use the catalog to find, download and buy software, games, ringtones, graphics and other applications simply and securely. Additional Palm OS applications are available online at http://sprint.handandgo.com.

Built-In Bluetooth Wireless Technology - Built in radio technology for short-range wireless communication when used with your Sprint Pcs Phone and accesories (headset, car kit, etc.), Bluetooth allows fast, secure transmission without cables or wires, even though the two devices are not in line of sight. Bluetooth accesories sold seperately.

Cash Back Offer - Experience a world of digital audio information and entertainment on your Treo 650 by palmOne. AudiblePlayer lets you listen to audiobooks, audio magazines, newspapers, radio programs, and more virtually anywhere you go. Download in minutes and choose from more than 23,000 titles! Try a free month of AudibleListner and enjoy any two audio programs, risk free, or sign up for a 12 month membership and get $50 cash back.

Free Trial Subscription - CD includes Handmark Express client and free trial subscription. Handmark Express Delivers news, weather, sports, stocks, directory look ups, maps and directions automaticallyand on-demand to PDA's and smartphones.

Built-In Speakerphone - Hands-Free operation of your phone is made easy with the built - in speakerphone, allowing you to take a conference call virtually anywhere.

Built-In MP3 Player - With an SD card, you can play your MP3's right on your phone.

Built-In Email - Includes full access to Microsoft Outlook Exchange, in addition to P0P3 and IMAP4 email clients.

Easy Navigation - Central five-way navigation button provides easy access t menus and dramatically improves one-handed operation.

Intergrated QWERTY Keyboard - The QWERTY keyboard provides a familar feel when entering data compossing messages; it allows for quick and efficient input of information. Applications are optimized for the keyboard - use keyboards shortcutsso you dont have to touch the screen.

SD I/O Expansion Slot - Add memory and selected peripherals, transer music, photos and video from your desktop, or load additional games and applications. "Input / Output" (I/O) capability enables the use of third party WI-Fi cards.

Predictive Text Input - Compose your messages easier and faster with predictive text input. Predictive text input lts te device predict the text you enter, and makes sending messages simple and more efficient.

Custimizable Photo Caller ID - Assign photos to specific numbers in your phone book to quickly identify your caller. Reminisce meaningful moments or a special person evertime the phone rings

2.5 mm Universal Jack - Accomodates most standard headsets for hands-free operation.

Stereo Headset Jack - Listen to your favrite MP3s in stereo when using a stereo headset and an adapter (sold seperately).

E911 Emergency Location Capable - Features and embedded Global Positioning System (GPS) chip neccesary for utilizing the E911 emergency location services where available.

TTY/TDD Compatible - This phone connectst a TTY device, allowing those who are visually impaired the ability to communicate.

Some Specs are;

Dimensions 4.44'' x 2.33'' x .88
    Weight 6.05 ounces

I hope this is useful folks
    Last edited by Chase215; 10/21/2004 at 08:32 PM. Reason: More info
    Sprints employees only get 15% off of products at FULL PRICE while customer get instant savings and rebates, so who's really getting screwed?
    Thanks Chase! I guess no actual release or preorder date for Sprint?
    VGA camera?...verdict's still out.
    Nice work Chase!

Point I found interesting:

"SD I/O Expansion Slot - Add memory and selected peripherals, transfer music, photos and video from your desktop, or load additional games and applications. "Input / Output" (I/O) capability enables the use of third party WI-Fi cards."

This will satisfy one of the biggest complaints many of us here at TC had. This is the first time Wi-Fi has been confirmed in the 650... at least that I've seen. Again, good job Chase!
    Yes, yes excellent job Chase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    Nice work Chase!

Point I found interesting:

"SD I/O Expansion Slot - Add memory and selected peripherals, transfer music, photos and video from your desktop, or load additional games and applications. "Input / Output" (I/O) capability enables the use of third party WI-Fi cards."

This will satisfy one of the biggest complaints many of us here at TC had. This is the first time Wi-Fi has been confirmed in the 650... at least that I've seen. Again, good job Chase!
    Keep in mind on my original Handspring treo 600 box it says...

"..supports SDIO for additional functionality, including third-party developed Bluetoth and Wi-Fi cards..."

remember how well that turned out. That's the one thing I am still a little skeptical about, but will e glad to buy one when it's reported here that it works.
    Of course, the 32 megs will upset those same people as well as most of the rest.
    VGA-quality camera with "flash"? Where's the non-volatile memory palmone has mentioned?

This description sounds inaccurate.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 10/21/2004 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NetApex
    Of course, the 32 megs will upset those same people as well as most of the rest.

the answer ---->
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
    ya 32 meg sucks, but thats what 1gig sd cards are for. Still damn stupid of P1 to do 32 instead of 64 IMO
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    why din't palm go all the way? VGA camera, 32 meg, no built in wifi. They just gave us enough to want it but we're still wanting. I just hope it has good build quality.

Maybe another look at the PPC660 is in order, but could I give up Treocentral?
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Maybe another look at the PPC660 is in order, but could I give up Treocentral?
    Why should you give up TC? Never stopped SV from "making a seldom visit".
    Nice info! Any chance of seeing that picture you spoke of?
  14. mtb
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean18
    I counldn't agree more

Chase, is there any info about the PPC 6600 on Sprint's intranet?
    If that's final, there is a problem: "TTY/TDD Compatible - This phone connectst a TTY device, allowing those who are visually impaired the ability to communicate."

I thought TTY/TDD machines were for deaf people?? Something fishy going on...
    again wi-fi hopes ...
    why can the company which makes the mdaIII afford to have the wif, 64mb, etc, while palmone cannot?

can anyone venture a guess?

mine is battery life. maybe palmone wants their customers to regard their smartphone as one with longer battery life, which they think will be the selling point of the treo 650.

I have to agree that the mda III is a formidable competitor, but the problem with the mdaIII, like ALL ppcs - ITS FORM FACTOR.

too big. I've said it before. ppcs win BIG in the feature category, but lose BIG in the form factor category.

if ppcs can produce all those features in a pocketable phone -ie blackberry or treo 650 - they win.

until then, its still the treo 650 for me. gotta be able to pocket that smarty in a hurry if its gonna be a winner, otherwise, you're trying to cram and jam a brick or a slate into your pockets - doesn't work.

the sleekness variable is a lesson the ppcs are slow to learn, just as palmone is slow to learn the features lesson.

both are slow learners. when will one of the two make the necessary evolutionary jump?
    This sounds like the typical, generally vague descriptions of devices found on Sprint PCS's site, but what's with all the typos?
    There were a few mistakes...hope your friend spellchecks before he hands in his work...otherwise, a good read
    The 32mb memory is a bit annoying but if it does indeed have a flash I will be happy for now. and it would be great if I had a $600 plus smartphone that would have some goddamn ringtones I could hear!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast