Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I spoke with the local AT&T rep today (names have been removed to protect the innocent). Here is his email response.
    Bottom line: looks like December for AT&T.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mr. xxxxxxx, here is the information on the TREO 650. What will happen is we will get a pre-launch notification and I can put your name in so you get one of the first ones.
    I received this from my Data Manager.

At this point it looks like a launch in late Dec. Once there is confidence on the date there will be a "pre-launch" order process

I will put a reminder in my calendar to call in December and if you have any questions, please feel free to call me.

Thank You

xxx xxxx
    National Account Corporate Manager
    Can someone explain to me why AT&T Wireless is even still around? Weren't they supposed to be merged with Cingular by now?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I think I read somwhere that the networks are supposed to merge next month. Who knows when the rest will occur, but I wouldn't think they'd just stop selling and planning until the deal is totally implemented.

I beleive they just finished the last round of confirmations from the FCC and stuff recently, but others can probably be more specific on that.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I spoke to my Cingular business rep today and she told me that their "latest update" was mid December. Guess that means a BT headset and GPS in my stocking :-)
    Vince