Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Despite all the naysayers, I went to Best Buy today. They did good buy me. I now will be upgraded to the Treo 650 when it comes out. I will post the complete story in a moment. How do I upload pics to this site?
    ARE YOU SAYING THEY SOLD YOU A 650? Sorry about the caps, didn't know they were on.
    I'm about to take my Sprint diagnostics failure ticket and my 3 year extended warranty to BB and try the same thing.

You should have writen your story out before you posted this thread!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I was on the phone talking to a friend. 1:27 into the call the phone locks up. It will not do anything and it stayed on that screen for about 5 minutes. I was furious. I decided I would go get a refund. Not another exchange. I rounded up my PSP, box, charger and phone. I walked into Best Buy waited my turn and began to tell my story. There were 2 workers one was a cute brunette the other was a blonde who had just told a customer "Actually blah blah blah." I really hate when I am somewhere and someone corrects you like this. When I own a product I usually have extensive knowledge about the device and what it does. I opted to wait on the cute girl.

I walked up to the counter set the box down and placed the phone face down beside it. (From here on I will talk as though it is 1st person). I removed my PSP and said I wanted to return the phone for a refund. The rep that had sold me the phone said that if I bought the PSP and I ever had trouble with the phone or decided I did not like it I would be able to bring it in and get a refund. I am on my second unit. When I use this phone for buisness and personal (true). I work on computers and manage a grocery store and use this phone daily (true). This is my only phone (only one I use, but not only available, so false) I use well over 1000 minutes a month and had a 17 page bill last month and a 14 page bill this month (true). I cannot be without a phone for anytime. I would gladly exchange this phone for a different one, but you do not carry any other smartphone devices.

I then tell her some of the problems I was having including the just dropped call. I also told her how the signal would fade. That I was in a resteraunt and 3 calls came in and the screen would not accept my input and they were sent to voicemail, how I would have full signal and lose calls. I did however forget to take in my Sprint Dr.'s note. I said I knew the PSP had changed, but I could not be without a phone. I also told her there were hundreds of others with similar problems and that there were know hardware issues. I also mentioned that there was talk of a class action lawsuit, and that I really loved Best Buy and did not want to be apart of that. I mentioned some of the things I had purchased there (TV, DVD players, stereos etc.).

She looked over my reciept and said, we should be able to help you. You already have service and since this is a PDA we should be able to replace it. I told her I was not interested an anything that they had, since it was there only smartphone. I said if you had the I500 I would trade for that, or when the new model comes out in a month I would trade for that. I offered that I take this one and lump it until the new model came out. She liked that idea. I said let me have it in writing. She talked with her manager and wrote it up, all I have to do is pay the difference.

WAHOO

The pics are attached to prove this.

Also and this is for Seldvom Visitor in general. I saw a couple of girls working in the phone department. I went over to them and struck up a conversation. I was witty, I was charming, I was cunning. The Treo 650 is in there computer. It is scheduled to be instock 11/14/04. I took a picture of the screen. Sorry my Treo 600 camera sucks so damn bad. THANKS ALOT P1.

Anyway just figured I would rub it in.

Wahili, sorry I cant stay with you on the Class Action Lawsuit, they did good buy me. Now if they decide not to honor it I will be pissed.

The only downside is the girls said the phone would not be carried at that location. They did tell me it might be possible to have one sent to fulfill my agreement.

Lonzo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ls3mach

lets hope for your sake

that the new 650

has a much better camera :P

sigh
    horrible horrible pics but i applaud your effort. this is for the sprint 650, yes? it looks to have moved up to mid november from what other people have confirmed and are saying. would be nice instead of december!!!!
    You The Hog!

Way to go...
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    well im really pissed off about this. i sold my treo on ebay because best buy wouldnt do anything for me. my best buy wont do this. the managers there are total pricks 1800 number no questions asked. i dont know how some best buys follow one policy and others follow different policies. it just gets me madder at their infrastructure in general....

although i wont believe they will honor it till you have the 650 in hand i have to say good job though.. propz!
    I can't wait till SV replies to this.
    I was just in my local Best Buy and the also told me that BB would have the 650 in two weeks, for what it is worth
    I posted last friday that my BB quoted me "on the shelf" on 14 Nov.
    odd day to stock it; it's a sunday isn't it?
    Yes Sunday.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I posted last friday that my BB quoted me "on the shelf" on 14 Nov.

I saw that you had posted it, and I never doubted that it was true. I was just adding to the thread, and I had that picture to post as a kicker. I really want to here what SV has to say about the phones existense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    I saw that you had posted it, and I never doubted that it was true. I was just adding to the thread, and I had that picture to post as a kicker. I really want to here what SV has to say about the phones existense.
    Sorry wasn't trying to take away from your post, just trying to add a little support
    He would say that the phone does not exist untill GOD (AKA P1) makes it public. So don't bother asking him.
    Despite all the naysayers, I went to Best Buy today. They did good buy me. I now will be upgraded to the Treo 650 when it comes out. I will post the complete story in a moment. How do I upload pics to this site?
    If your interested in getting the phone asap, BB is not the source. Keep an eye on Sprints web site. You'll be able to get it there first by at least a week or two.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Wow, I don't think even the CSI peeps could prove anything by the first picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Wow, I don't think even the CSI peeps could prove anything by the first picture.
    ROTFL!
    I was at BB today too. They said soon!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JTREOB
    If your interested in getting the phone asap, BB is not the source. Keep an eye on Sprints web site. You'll be able to get it there first by at least a week or two.
    I think you missed the point of the thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast