Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    OK, in doing some checking around the net, I have found that Apple is running a 3G mobile iPod marketing campaign.

    In relate news, Frank Casanova, director of Apple’s QuickTime product marketing, will deliver a keynote speech at CTIA's Wireless IT and Entertainment 2004 next week on the 26th of October. Coincidently, Apple will also be presenting a special music-related event on that very same day, featuring Apple CEO Steve Jobs, and U2's Bono and The Edge.

    Frank and Steve are 2 of the biggest names at Apple Computer. Something big is going down and I suspect it has something to do with wireless technology. Anybody hazard to guess?
  2. #2  
    U2 edition iPod will be announced. It might be black as well.
  3. #3  
    The U2 iPod is black, from what I've read.
  4.    #4  
    A black iPod isn't impressive.

    Steve is not going to hold a press event to sell us on black iPods. It is something more than that... I think. I guess what I find intriguing is that Steve is not concerned about Frank's keynote address taking away from the glory of Steve's very own address. What if these 2 key figures at Apple both talk about something related so as not to detract from one another's addresses? What if these 2 both talk about iTunes and the iPod and something somehow related that would be covered at the CTIA Wireless IT and Entertainment show?
  5.    #5  
    WHAT IF Steve Jobs & Frank Casanova demoed some wireless thing while both were addressing the public at these 2 different events... clear across America (LA & NY)?
  6. #6  
    What does this have to do with Mac and Treo?
  7.    #7  
    I don't know? I am just looking at Apple's marketing techniques and this is the only thing that makes sense to me. As far as being related to the Treo, I am not certain any announcement will be directly related to the Treo, only time will tell. BUT, Frank is doing this keynote address at the CTIA show that Palm will be releasing their Treo 650 at...
  8.    #8  
    On a side note (but possibly related), throughout this week (5 days) on at least 7 different occasions I have been logging in to my .mac e-mail account and have been turned away because the server was unavailable. This has never happened before. Apple is probably upgrading their backend server software.

    Also of note is the fact that in visiting iTMS, to get my 2 free songs for the week and to check out the new additions, I was presented with the upgrade to iTunes 4.6 message or else lose access. More upgrading here.
  9.    #9  
    Just another thought:

    MAYBE the QuickTime TV-Live Network will be materializing! Heard it here first. No where else.
  10. #10  
    Even if Apple is (was) upgrading the server software they generally switch you to another server when this is going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    On a side note (but possibly related), throughout this week (5 days) on at least 7 different occasions I have been logging in to my .mac e-mail account and have been turned away because the server was unavailable. This has never happened before. Apple is probably upgrading their backend server software.

    Also of note is the fact that in visiting iTMS, to get my 2 free songs for the week and to check out the new additions, I was presented with the upgrade to iTunes 4.6 message or else lose access. More upgrading here.
  11. #11  
    Good point. I wouldn't doubt anything Apple may have in the bag.

    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Just another thought:

    MAYBE the QuickTime TV-Live Network will be materializing! Heard it here first. No where else.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Even if Apple is (was) upgrading the server software they generally switch you to another server when this is going on.
    You would think, except... they didn't. I mean, I guess it could have been something wrong with my particular computer at the time or the service provider (Comcast), BUT this was all from 3 different computers, each of which accessed the net with a different provider.

    It seems obvious to me that some capabilities will be added to these services since these interuption coincide with these two announcements from Steve and Frank. Maybe new formats and functionality. Maybe new protocols. Maybe Apple's 2 services (iTMS and dotMac) will be tied together.
  13.    #13  
    Wait, Vodafone is sharing the stage tomorrow with Casanova. Vodafone makes 3G hardware and business solutions for the Mac. Casanova always demos QT stuff, nothing else. This means new wireless MPEG-4 and AAC capabilities of some sort.
  14. #14  
    Maybe we will have a wifi enabled iPod!!! (Wishful thinking at its best!)
  15. #15  
    iTMS and .Mac tied together would be pretty sweet. I would certainly feel a lot better plopping down the yearly funds to maintain .Mac.

    I'm tres excited about this announcement today. I'm also fiending to get the new iPod also expected to be announced today.

    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    You would think, except... they didn't. I mean, I guess it could have been something wrong with my particular computer at the time or the service provider (Comcast), BUT this was all from 3 different computers, each of which accessed the net with a different provider.

    It seems obvious to me that some capabilities will be added to these services since these interuption coincide with these two announcements from Steve and Frank. Maybe new formats and functionality. Maybe new protocols. Maybe Apple's 2 services (iTMS and dotMac) will be tied together.
  16. #16  
    I love my 1st gen iPod and don't feel the need for anything else from it. I am jazzed about the T650 though, if I get that (unlocked GSM) then along with my iPod I'll have everything I need! What would I do with WiFi on my iPod?

    But as for the announcements, yes the U2 blackiPodloadedwithnewalbum is coming.

    My .Mac mail has not had any server problems of late, could it be your ISP? I agree that integration with iTMS would make .Mac cooler, but how psyched were we to get the extra storage last month? And the free Backup software is essential. Back up to iDisk and iPod regularly... no worries!
    -mbd26
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd26
    I love my 1st gen iPod and don't feel the need for anything else from it. I am jazzed about the T650 though, if I get that (unlocked GSM) then along with my iPod I'll have everything I need! What would I do with WiFi on my iPod?
    Imagine walking into a Virgin Megastore with your iPod and buying tunes right off the pod! Or, for that matter, as long as you have a wifi connection you could browse and buy from iTMS! The possibilities are endless.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd26
    I love my 1st gen iPod and don't feel the need for anything else from it. I am jazzed about the T650 though, if I get that (unlocked GSM) then along with my iPod I'll have everything I need! What would I do with WiFi on my iPod?
    But what if the newer iPod could sync with the iTMS itself along with iCal and Address Book?

    What if newer iPods could play songs with higher fidelity?

    What if newer iPods could display the album cover for song identity and personalization? No more need for those HP tattoos. This would really help identifying those U2 branded iPods.
  19. #19  
    Black and Photo iPods just released!!!
  20. #20  
    Illustreous- yeah, very good ideas for a WiPod (you heard it here first!), but personally not for me, I think I like the full iTMS on the computer thing, and I do not buy music that often.

    Archie- you got at least one: the new PhotoPod will display album art.
    -mbd26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions