1.    #1  
    I am currently with AT&T (using a Sony Ericsson p900) and am generally pleased with the service (only a few dead spots consistently encountered).

I am anxiously awaiting the Treo 650 and am prepared to jump ship to Sprint, since I am assuming that they'll get it before AT&T. (Delayed gratification is not my strong suit...)

Can anyone who uses Sprint in Chicago comment on their service reliability, etc in Chicago? I used Sprint about 3 years ago and had a lot of problems with calls going directly to Voicemail; just curious if things are better now...

Thanks!
    I'm using Sprint in Chicago, and can vouch that things are better. I went through the time when thier network was overloaded, unable to place and recieve calls. Odd error messages, "I called you and I just heard this funny noise", etc...

The sprint data network is great. I'd jump to Sprint just for that if I wern't already a subscriber. Sprint data plan with the Treo 650 is quite the mobile setup.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius
    I am currently with AT&T (using a Sony Ericsson p900) and am generally pleased with the service (only a few dead spots consistently encountered).

I am anxiously awaiting the Treo 650 and am prepared to jump ship to Sprint, since I am assuming that they'll get it before AT&T. (Delayed gratification is not my strong suit...)

Can anyone who uses Sprint in Chicago comment on their service reliability, etc in Chicago? I used Sprint about 3 years ago and had a lot of problems with calls going directly to Voicemail; just curious if things are better now...

Thanks!
    I am a Sprint Treo 600 user in San Francisco.

This past spring, I had occasion to be in Chicago for work a few times. I found the coverage to be very spotty -- not nearly as good as the blaket coverage here in SF.

Note that my stay was concentrated in the area between the Four Seasons and IBM Plaza.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Argelius

Thanks!
    On a recent trip to Chicago, my crusty old Denso phone worked great, no issues. My business partner down there with AT&T has many many issues with his phone not working. Sprint is probably the best option next to T-Mobile down there.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. I am such a gadget addict. I am just dying to get the new Treo. I just wish the December predictions aren't true. I want mine next Monday...(or better yet...today!)
    I'm right in the loop area and I've never had problems getting coverage. My parents have AT&T and they frequently have some spotty service out in the burbs, though I've never had a problem out there, either. I plan on getting the 650 as well and think coverage here should be no problem. Best of luck to you.
    Tibby.
    I used to have a Tro 270 on the T-Mobile network in the Chicago south suburbs (Mokena- Orland Park). My wife was a student at Depaul (Lincoln Park) in the city too. We had good cell coverage with T-mobile, but the data speed was slooowww. When I moved to Sprint and the Treo 300, my speeds were MUCH faster and the connection timed out less.

I've had a Treo 600 since the week they were released last October and have been pretty happy. There's always going to be dead spots with everybody. When I got out with friends on the weekend, it seems like one of us is always out of coverage as we drive thru areas. For me and the places I go, Sprint is fine. But the real boon is the unlimited Internet I get with it. I never worry about how much mail I check, or other services I use with the Internet. And that's sweet.