1.    #1  
    Is the new 650 going to be exactly the same size as the 600? I'd like to order one of the Vaja cases, but it's so expensive if it's not going to fit on the 650 I need to wait.
    It will be just a tit smaller on all sides probably 1/8 off each side. that is what the sprintt rep told me you can notice the diffrence.
    Treo 600-Sprint v1.20
    drigout.textamerica.com
    Earlier posts indicated that the current cases would not work. mic and buttons moved around and connector is different. plus the mystery ptt(?) button on the side
    i believe it will be slightly shorter...slightly wider...and a little bit less thick.

Also i seem to remember it weighing 2grams less.

Note: these were from specs listed here. I believe it was a post of a Sprint spec sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet
    i believe it will be slightly shorter...slightly wider...and a little bit less thick.

Also i seem to remember it weighing 2grams less.

Note: these were from specs listed here. I believe it was a post of a Sprint spec sheet.
    I hope you are right about the specs cruelpupet. The keys on the 600 were really close together, but I suppose you get used to them after a while. I would like the phone dimensions to change just the way you stated so that there would be a little more room on the keyboard
  6.    #6  
    OK. Thanks for the replies. It sounds like it would be a good idea to hold off a little while to buy that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk5
    I hope you are right about the specs cruelpupet. The keys on the 600 were really close together, but I suppose you get used to them after a while. I would like the phone dimensions to change just the way you stated so that there would be a little more room on the keyboard
    The T650 keys are arranged in a slight "smile-shape", which apparently allowed them to be slightly larger at similar distance. Also, one of the T650 reviewers reported that the 650 seems to be a hair thicker than the 600. Can't find that reference anymore...
    This is the one downer to the T650 being a different size/form factor. I'd love to get the T650 as soon as it comes out, but I learned the hard way with my T600 that I shouldn't walk out the front door without a case like my Vaja (well worth the money for the protection it has provided me.)
    What I'm saying is that the T650 will start to sell, but I won't be able to buy a case for several month at which time I will have destroyed the Treo if I get it right away.
    I'd love to be able to keep it in a case from day 1.
    Might be worth having a look at the comparison pics, see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by WFTarHeel
    Is the new 650 going to be exactly the same size as the 600? I'd like to order one of the Vaja cases, but it's so expensive if it's not going to fit on the 650 I need to wait.
    Wait a little while longer... there will probably be a new case for the 650 around the corner.

Cheers, W.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    This is the one downer to the T650 being a different size/form factor. I'd love to get the T650 as soon as it comes out, but I learned the hard way with my T600 that I shouldn't walk out the front door without a case like my Vaja (well worth the money for the protection it has provided me.)
    What I'm saying is that the T650 will start to sell, but I won't be able to buy a case for several month at which time I will have destroyed the Treo if I get it right away.
    I'd love to be able to keep it in a case from day 1.
    If the T650 comes with a case like the T600 did and you get the T650 the 1st day it comes out, then put fashion aside and use the included case until a case comes out that is more to your liking.
  12. ZAT
    If you cant hold off on the purchase till some cases are out go by Home Depot and buy a $4 WorkForce pouch thingie. Works great. I bought one with the intention of buying a nicer case when they come out, but am still using it. It isnt a fashion statement, but it works. I also used an iPod case for a while which worked fine. The case that comes with the Treo sucks as it requires a pocket. Those of us in jeans cant use it. Works good with slacks though.
    I am pretty rough on my gadgets as well. I too have been thinking about this for a while. I am thinking about getting the egrip (sp?) & screen protection right away before getting a true 650 case.

Anyone think the 650 cases will be out at the same time as the phone?
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)