1.    #1  
    All,

After speaking with my Verizon rep, I was made aware that Verizon has no plans to be getting the Treo 650. I have therefore created a petition that I hope people will sign so that Verizon will see how serious people are in terms of purchasing the newer phone. It's time to get them to stop being a model year (or two!) behind!

The petition is located at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/vzwtr650/petition.html

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    You got it. Signed. Currently, there are 8 only.

I don't think it influence their decission, though, unless 1000s will sign. Besides, I beleive they ARE going to offer 650, and it'll take lot less time than with 600.
    Ed
    zorz.net
    Palm III > Palm V > palm Vx > Palm m500 > Sony Clie SJ33 > Palm Treo 650
    Check your $p311ing.
    BC - Did you speak with a rep in the store or over the phone? (Sounds like this was a corporate rep maybe?)
    V
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    i was #15
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MizVivienne
    BC - Did you speak with a rep in the store or over the phone? (Sounds like this was a corporate rep maybe?)
    V
    I spoke with my Corporate Rep via email. While it's possible that he's not "high up" enough in the corporate structure to have been told anything about the phone, I would suspect that VZW would at least tell their sales reps something.
    For what its worth, My rep told me the 650 is in testing. No idea on a launch date. Knowing VZW it will be 6 months
    well, if this petition is as successful as the one that originally tried to get verizon to support the 600, then we will have it right about the time the treo 700 comes out. I hate to be a skeptic, but good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeshur
    hen we will have it right about the time the treo 700 comes out. I hate to be a skeptic, but good luck.
    You are not being a sceptic but a realist.

Verizon essentially JUST came out with the TREO 600 and here PalmOne is about to introduce the TREO 650 (okay, okay, at least in theory!).

Precedent is precedent.