1.    #1  
    Did you guys know you can simply turn on IM forwarding and you can receive/reply im message on your treo for free?! Why pay for Verichat and others when you can get the same functionality for free? You can't initiate a chat, but you can receive and reply... Besides, if you want to initiate a chat... you can always sms or email or call.
    you can also get it for free on the UK site.
  3.    #3  
    Yea, but from what I have read, the AOL software sucks. What I'm saying is that you don't even need ANY software, it works RAW on your treo. It's built into the server side with AOL.
    If I recall, the 2-way chat only works for certain carriers.
  5.    #5  
    u r right, I'm with tmo. and three other carriers in the u.s have it... but I think they have agreements with other countries carriers also. I can't believe I have been wasting my time and money with third-party software!
    I believe that uses SMS, just to let you know...so it would cost quite a bit of money for those of us who don't have unlimited SMS with Tmo.

Cheers,
    Brady
    It also is annoying for the person sending you IMs. Every time the person sends you an IM that is forwarded, they get an autoreply like:

Your IM has been sent to my mobile device. When I receive it, I will be able to reply. Thanks for your IM! Want your IMs forwarded to your phone? Click (Link: http://mymobile.aol.com/dbreg/regist...e=autoresponse)here

But try it and see if it works for you
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #8  
    Verichat uses sms also when you are running it in the background anyway... besides, with Tmo, you can get get 300 sms for 2.99, 1000 sms for 6.99 and unlimited for 9.99, who uses a treo 600 without some sort of sms plan anyway? that's why we have a keyboard...

as for the annoying autoreply, yea it's annoying for the person at first, but they get use to it. it's the price to pay for free IM chat on your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHiNNuTS
    Verichat uses sms also when you are running it in the background anyway... besides, with Tmo, you can get get 300 sms for 2.99, 1000 sms for 6.99 and unlimited for 9.99, who uses a treo 600 without some sort of sms plan anyway? that's why we have a keyboard...

as for the annoying autoreply, yea it's annoying for the person at first, but they get use to it. it's the price to pay for free IM chat on your phone.
    You should spend some time reading and understanding facts before posting like you are doing on every thread that discusses VeriChat or other third part IM s/w.

AIM forwarding is a piece of joke. There are many carriers on which it does not work. Often times it has delays of multiple minutes or even an hour or more. There is a size limitation (on Sprint it is 89 bytes!).

VeriChat (data mode, and even SMS mode when you are actively chatting), Chatter and other third-party IM programs do not use SMS for active chatting, but use data for a much much better experience, like lower latency, knowing which of your buddies is online (duh!), and a much cheaper cost - 20 bucks a year vs 10 bucks a month.

9.99 or even 2.99 a month is not free!

Get out of here...