Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Jea
    Thanks!!
    U use palm VNC 2 it works pretty well, enough that i can remotely handle about 9 servers.
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    hrm. . . just use the word "to" it's not that many more keystrokes. And spelling out anyone isn't that big a deal. It makes you sound a lot more intelligent and deserving of an answer.

Anyway, I use palmVNC. The desktop I vnc into uses a resolution of 800x600. It's a bit awkward to use palmvnc due to the small screen size, but it's tolerable.

I have a personal shoutcast server set up for me to use with my 600. I use palmvnc to log into the desktop to alter the settings (like bitrate) and the playlist.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

4. Jea
    Listen Tekara... I appreciate your concern over my typing style. However, you donít need to go anywhere near the subject of intelligence with me. Go peddle some Vodka Bro!!
    Oh yes, being defensive is the solution. You needn't start throwing insults about just because I was critical of your typing.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

6. Jea
    Not throwing insults. Just idea ideas. No hard feelings...just wory about your own typing and save the being critical for the wifes cooking or somthing.
  7. Jea
    Thanks for the info anyway!!
    I happen to agree with Tekara. I was going to see what the thread was about and be sure not to answer anyone who uses such horrid "733t" speak. It looks juvenile.
  9. Jea
    You people are hilarious. Don't be such stiffs.

"I was going to see what the thread was about and be sure not to answer anyone who uses such horrid "733t" speak."

I hope you guys are on blood pressure medicine. Lighten up...this is not an exam!!
    Regardless, it's still juvenile and very 2002. It's still your call, but realize it looks silly to many.
    I agree with the above sentiment. You're representing yourself poorly.

<GACK! Left...arm...going...numb... World...going...dark... UGghhh...>

Nareau
  12. Jea
    Alright...One last statement for you idiots and I'll let it go. The only reason I did the typing that way is so the entire question would fit on the main screen. It is pointless for someone who knows nothing about VNC to have to hit the link to see the ending of the question. Make sense to ya!! Probably not...but keep trying.
    I actually use VNC quite often as well as most other network computing tools.
    Last edited by Rob600; 10/20/2004 at 05:24 PM.
  14. Jea
    I did'nt say you did noy use VNC. I said there is no reason for someone (any non user of VNC) to have to hit the link to see the rest of the question. Or anyone for that matter. It'll come to ya.
    I've found that I end up showing off the fact that I can remote into my computer from just about anywhere using PalmVNC more often than actually getting something productive accomplished.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Using "NE1" at the beginning of many of your threads was annoying me too I have to admit... I don't know why, it just was...so trivial I know, but wanted to be honest
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  17. Jea
    PUBLIC ANNOUNCMENT:

I am sorry to all who were offended by the "NE1" threads. I will NOT do it again!!

I have a lot more respect for scottymomo (who doesnít like it) however, than the idiots who tried to insult my intelligence for doing it.
    All grammar aside... I use SSH a lot more than I use VNC. However, both are in their own rights good tools.
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    I'm the same dannoz, the ability to ssh from just about anywhere is one of the biggest advantages of the 600.
    mVNC was recently updated on Palmgear and it has SSH built in!
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast