1.    #1  
    I have a wav file that was recorded from my old phone and I want to use it on my T600 (midi). How do I go about converting it to .mid ?

The sound is here .
    Well, once upon a time there was some experimental software to perform this feat. If you google around, you may be able to find some relic.

But with the proliferation mp3s midi files have become obsolete. For simplicity, you may just want to look into a third party program to play the file for you.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

3.    #3  
    I don't just want to "play it".. do you mean 3rd party to use it as a ringer ? That seems like too much of a round-about way - let me know if it's even out there.

Anyway, this is a recording off my old phone's ring and I want to get it onto the T600. Despite what typical midis sound like, the polyphonic midis have "echoey" type sounds to them... there's already 2 on the phone as default ringers that sound like that (do-mi-so and echo) so I don't see why this isn't possible or seems difficult. Simply renaming it .mid got it onto the list, but it doesn't play at all.
    Well, midi's and wavs are two different creatures. . . it's like comparing a bitmap to a word document. midi's are stored like sheet music with the host computer having presynthesised instrumunts to reproduce the music while a wav is actually a digitally stored wave-form.

There are several programs available that will let you use an mp3 as a ring tone, just do a search for "mp3 ringtone" on these forums to find out about them.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Everything I've read about converting wav/mp3 to midi has described the resulting midi as not being all that wonderful. Doing this type of conversion is not an easy thing to do in software. I'm sure there is software that will do it well, but it probably isn't cheap.
  6.    #7  
    I kept getting an error about my WAV file not being 44KHz, 16bit, mono but I was sure I saved it in Goldwave as such. I've given this conversion attempt up and grabbed Phone Technician to use as an mp3 ringer instead (thx to another thread). Thx anyway.