Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 68
  1.    #1  
    I dont think there is any reason to upgrade to 650, like for the 600 i bet within a couple of months they will come up with a discount deal for existing palm owners. . .
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
  2. #2  
    I'm buying as soon as I can, I want the EDGE, High Res, Faster Processor, replaceable battery, nonvolatile memory...christ man, its a great upgrade...I just hope GSM gets the awesome blue version
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I'm buying as soon as I can, I want the EDGE, High Res, Faster Processor, replaceable battery, nonvolatile memory...christ man, its a great upgrade...I just hope GSM gets the awesome blue version
    when you say blue, are you referring to the shell color or am I missing something here???
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  4. #4  
    yes, the color that was leaked of the Sprint version...I just hope that they have the same blue on a GSM version, I am tired of silver after a year now
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

    Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

    About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  5. #5  
    might not be a reason to upgrade from the 600, but my 300 is getting a bit 'long in the tooth'... i saw no reason to go for the 600, but the 650 has my attention
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by foe
    I dont think there is any reason to upgrade to 650, like for the 600 i bet within a couple of months they will come up with a discount deal for existing palm owners. . .
    You're nuts!!! If you aren't a phone freak, then you don't belong to this board.
  7. #7  
    I'm going to happily pass my Kyocera 7135 over to my wife while I upgrade to the Treo 650 ;-)
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
  8. #8  
    There's no reason to keep your 600 - LOW REZ is enough. You couldn't give me the stinkin 600 - I look at the 650 as HIGH REZ version of the 600 with all the bugs worked out, and the "700" as the true upgrade!!!! But of course I'll buy the 650 and if its two weeks later for the "next" Treo (700) i'll buy that too!
  9. #9  
    lol... i'm still in between... maybe wait a month or so... to buy the treo 650... i'm sure price is gonna be high and short supply... i can stick with 600 for a bit longer... it's not that bad if you compare it with a "cell phone"
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I'm buying as soon as I can, I want the EDGE, High Res, Faster Processor, replaceable battery, nonvolatile memory...christ man, its a great upgrade...I just hope GSM gets the awesome blue version

    Is EDGE confirmed?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1
    Is EDGE confirmed?
    Nothing is confirmed.

    Wait til Monday.
  12. #12  
    EDGE was most surely confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SV, you always have a negative attitude.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1
    Is EDGE confirmed?
    From http://www.internetnews.com/wireless...le.php/3422831 , which is no longer available:


    While PalmOne has added an MP3 player and Bluetooth support, the goal with this release was to improve upon a good thing, said Greg Shirai, director of product marketing for the Milpitas, Calif.-based Palm spin-off.

    . . .


    The Treo 650 will first become available through wireless carriers. Although PalmOne hasn't disclosed which telcos will offer the 650, it will be released in two flavors: a CDMA/1XRTT dual-band radio that can be used over the Verizon and Sprint networks, and a quad-band GSM with EDGE support, the GPRS protocols used by AT&T, Cingular and T-Mobile.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    EDGE was most surely confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SV, you always have a negative attitude.
    Sorry, no it wasn't. Nothing has been confirmed. Wait til Monday.

    And if you don't like my absolutely true posts that don't depend on rumor to back them up, click on the link below and you'll never have to be bothered by them again.

    Buh bye!
  15. #15  
    im so torn

    treo 650 or nokia 9500b

    the horror the horror

    i love my vaja i-volution case bahhhhhh!
  16. #16  
    ^psst who is this directed too?
  17. #17  
    That's what I get for extending an olive branch Oh well, like I said, I've learned to live with you. You don't need to go do anything with yourself.

    BTW, I didn't comment on whether anything was confirmed, but rather about what your hater was saying.

    Of course nothing is officially confirmed. It's so obvious that it didn't merit a response.
  18. #18  
    Lets stay on topic, and not attack each other shall we?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  19. alee's Avatar
    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    #19  
    There is no problem with SV... I can appreciate his realistic and more grounded views. I believe he takes a very serious interest in these types of things; however, he also realizes anything written/posted is a speculative until it comes from the corporate source itself.

    That news article was clearly prematurely released, and was withdrawn for any number of reasons. It could also have been withdrawn because the specs on the 650 changed. It happens.

    The excitement here is great; however, you have to understand that everyone's uncle's dogwalker's cousin's friend knows someone who works for Palm who has seen a Treo 650. It's clearly coming, but the specs are fuzzy at best, and there are numerous prototypes around. You have to take everything with a grain of salt, or you're going to doom yourself for disappointment when it finally gets released. I've seen it happen on message boards for all sorts of products. You get yourself psyched up for the ultimate product with all the specs you dreamed up, and when it comes out and it's missing something you want, you're just not going to be happy.

    Step away from the computer, go outside and take a walk. Monday will be here soon enough, and here's to hoping the Treo 650 is what you wanted it to be.
  20. #20  
    Silverado - I directed no response to you.

    It looks like TreoCentral, however, is FINALLY taking the correct approach to the ad hominem attacks - thank you, Miradu
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions