Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    im so torn

treo 650 or nokia 9500b

the horror the horror

i love my vaja i-volution case bahhhhhh!
    Does anyone know when the 9500 will be available in the states? I here only Japan has this phone.
    and europe

when will it be available...im sorry i have no idea...december maybe, but things are always a changing
    OK, so here's my stupid question for the day (or hour): Why is everyone taling about Monday being the release date? Is there anything official on that date?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I see no need to upgrade at this point. but I am excited to watch the news at this point. maybe 6 months down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    OK, so here's my stupid question for the day (or hour): Why is everyone taling about Monday being the release date? Is there anything official on that date?
    The only "official" thing I've got a handle on is that TreoCentral staff said they would be reviewing The Next Best Thing on that date (that corresponds to a San Francisco event (CTIA?)). The words Treocentral used (a post somewhere around here) suggested an "official" word from PalmOne...

BTW - NOT a "release" date but an "announcement" or maybe even a "launch" date.

None of those, including "release" are used by PalmOne (or its predecessor Handspring) as you and I would use them...
    "Giggle. Probably not. If I were the type to want to use a cell phone a lot - I am not (*) - or to need email while away from a PC - I am not - or need to "compute" while literally on-the-run - I am not - then I'd probably go for one of the cheap flip phones that cost essentially nothing and do all of the above very satisfactorily. Complete with color. And camera.

Since I'm a "computer guy" I have computers - relatively big powerful computers - essentially everywhere I stand still for a moment. No need for a phone to do that stuff at all."

His words not mine.

You had to warn this man (loon) for his go >>>< yourself comments the other day (BTW you banned JOVE for the same sort of thing).

The man does not use a mobile - he uses "BIG" "POWERFUL" "COMPUTERS" "ESSENTIALLY" "ALL THE TIME" can anyone see some sort of pattern here ? EGO? NO? SMALL MAN SYNDROME?

MODS

I know this looks like a flame but I have been lurking for over 7-8 months now and this type of person is what keeps newbies from joining and participating in the community. Some must look at his thread count and think he is some kind of expert rather than a guy that just seems to hang out to pitch negative comments around all the time.

His attitude sucks. Can TCentral do what he suggests and set an ignore all on all his posts per se. That way we will be saved from seeing his negative rants.

"is FINALLY taking the correct approach to the ad hominem attacks"

What planet do you live on man?

You offer nothing, you bore the c**p out of most of us. Why not go to ' bigpowerful.computer.com' and and annoy the living daylights out of them?

This is a site for people who are interested in the Treo, not some g*t who who just wants to whinge all the time.

Cheers
    BBKBAZ
    Envy is unbecoming.
    sorry SV you lost me on that one.
    Envy of what?
    envy SV? you are online so what do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    The only "official" thing I've got a handle on is that TreoCentral staff said they would be reviewing The Next Best Thing on that date (that corresponds to a San Francisco event (CTIA?)). The words Treocentral used (a post somewhere around here) suggested an "official" word from PalmOne...

Thanks, that's what I thought.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by BBKBAZ
    I know this looks like a flame but I have been lurking for over 7-8 months now and this type of person is what keeps newbies from joining and participating in the community. Some must look at his thread count and think he is some kind of expert rather than a guy that just seems to hang out to pitch negative comments around all the time.
    Would you rather he pretended to be many different people and spread what you think of as disagreeable comments over what appears to be many people? That's one thing that could happen if you ban someone you don't like.

My advice is to learn to deal with disagreement and battle his ideas if you don't like them.

This is not a corporate site that needs to maintain an image; it is a public forum. Newbies should use the judgement people use everyday in real life to filter through varying opinions, personalites and politics to form opinions (and they do).

In short, chill out man.
    Wow - this is getting to be the most exciting thread on the site!!!!!!!!
    Hi Siverado

Many thanks for the kind advice. Before you think I am being sarcastic, I live in Thailand, where Mai Pen Rai (having a cool heart) is a way of life.

To be honest I think I would prefer it if SV pretended to 'anyone' else! Maybe someone with with common courtesy!

My point was if he has no 'real' interest in owning or ever owning a smart phone type device why does he spend spend so much time here?
    He is, after all, mister computer man.

Cheers
    BBKBAZ
    Oh and by the way SV please do not give the same response as you you gave another poster the other day

None of those, including "release" are used by PalmOne (or its predecessor Handspring) as you and I would use them...
    But remember everything is a rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    But remember everything is a rumor.
    Almost - everything purportedly out of PalmOne, including that "pulled article" that easily could have been entirely fiction, is rumor.

What comes directly out of TreoCentral ABOUT TreoCentral, however, is presumeably fact.

TreoCentral says Monday they're getting their hands on The Next Best Thing - strangely, I can't find that post! - during some sort of "outing" by PalmOne at CTIA.

That's not rumor.

Except I can't find the post...

Hmmm...

Maybe it IS rumor!

Giggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBKBAZ
    My point was if he has no 'real' interest in owning or ever owning a smart phone type device why does he spend spend so much time here?
    I don't know... but why do you care? Are you doing psychological research?
    Nothing is confirmed.

Wait til Monday.
    We have seen a press release that should not have been posted. This may be acidental confirmation but it is none the less confirmation.

SV, disgruntaled x-Handspring employee? Are your attacks your version of going Postal. This came up in a differant thread and you didn't respond. What motivation do you have for this?
    I have found, by preponderance of the evidence, that the GSM version of the Treo 650 will have EDGE.

Confirmend as fact? Well, even with published specs, you usually get fine print that says "Specifications are subject to change without notice". So, if we want to be a 100% sure, you can't.
    I know his motivation but I will not get kick off this site by saying so.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast