Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I have set up some favorites to dial frenquently called numbers. Recently, they started working only when they feel like it . I haven't been able to pick out a pattern yet. It seems to me favorites should work anywhere within the phone or internet apps. I haven't found any menu options to turn off/on the favorites. I've tried various resets with no luck. Anybody else have this problem?

Any help would be appreciated,

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    I have the same problem as you except that I have discovered that my favorites only work when I am in the phone screen. I was told that favorites are only supposed to work from the phone screen. Even so, they do not work consistently. I have also noticed that a soft reset gets them working again for awhile, but that is short-lived. I use favorites for quick access to programs, not phone numbers...but that shouldn't make a difference. I also have have had my treo replaced due to the netweok search problem but I did not really use favorites with my first one. (Don't know if that has anything to do with it).
    Is there a way to link one ofthe hardware buttons (like Email) to Favories?
    Favorites is great short cut but you have to go through 2 or 3 pages to actually get to it.
    One very nice solution for accessing your favorites from literally anywhere is Butler. It does a lot more than that though. Search the forums for more info, but personally I'd be lost without it!
    -C
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Scott,

The idea of the favorites screen is to set one button activation of favorite phone numbers, websites, and (i think) programs. For example, you assign your home phone number the the "H" key. Then, you can dail the number by holding the "H" key down for a few seconds. Setting a key to take you to the favorites page so you can push another button would be much slower.

Hope that helps.

ccrochet, I'll give Butler another look. Thanks!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    The problem is you have to be in phone page to use any of the shortcuts. So I have to hit the phone button and then remember up to 50 short cut keys. I downloaded 2Favorites and assigned it to the Mail button. Now I can go directly to favorites, see the shortcuts and either use them or select them. Since I'm using favorites for some things non-phone related it works fine for me.